Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Pulis,calls for fans to get ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Away from football T/P comes across as a decent hardworking guy as to Stoke's style well sick off it and i would be delighted to see them go down (and i don't think i am alone?) Pulis has been on local radio and thinks 4 points are needed i would have thought more ? Look at there run in and apart from Norwich City who they could beat (?) where are four or more points coming from ? :facepalm:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22127341

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I don't want to see them relegated.

Their style might be visually unappealing but we'd stand very little chance playing against it next season IMO.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think one of the sad things about football nowadays is the increasingly homogeneous strategies and tactics (partly due to South American players increasingly playing in Europe), whereas World Cups used to throw up greater divergence in styles. Domestically, it is good for the Premier League that Stoke ply their trade there. It takes all sorts to play football and Stoke's contrasting style helps to make the game interesting.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Away from football T/P comes across as a decent hardworking guy as to Stoke's style well sick off it and i would be delighted to see them go down (and i don't think i am alone?) Pulis has been on local radio and thinks 4 points are needed i would have thought more ? Look at there run in and apart from Norwich City who they could beat (?) where are four or more points coming from ? :facepalm:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22127341

reading this made my head hurt.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Domestically, it is good for the Premier League that Stoke ply their trade there. It takes all sorts to play football and Stoke's contrasting style helps to make the game interesting.

Is that the first time the words 'Stoke' and 'Interesting' have appeared in the same sentence?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Is that the first time the words 'Stoke' and 'Interesting' have appeared in the same sentence?

Certainly since Stanley Matthews played for them!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good club but, boy, do they play shit football. Even if they stay up I think the doubts are now there for next season. Who's going to want to join them now when they're back to being a relegation-fighting club?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I don't think their football is as bad as everyone says.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Atleast the club is supported. Wigan are a complete joke and for me, they're the main reason why the Premier League isn't the best in the world. They stay up every season. How good can it be?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wigan are a great example of a club able to be in the Premier League without having a large support. Hats off to them.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Was expecting them to be playing all the top sides when you said where are 4 points coming from! Besides Norwich they still have to play QPR, Sunderland and Southampton! Plenty of opportunity for points.

Methinks you are influenced by where you live!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
How long will people be saying this for? Do you also believe the myth they "play good football"?

It is my opinion that you sir, have been blinded by your obsession with their crowds. Wigan attempt to play a fine, attractive style of association rules football only hampered by the quality of players their budget allows. I think it is a strength of English football that a "small" club like Wigan can stay in the top division for so long.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
It is my opinion that you sir, have been blinded by your obsession with their crowds. Wigan attempt to play a fine, attractive style of association rules football only hampered by the quality of players their budget allows. I think it is a strength of English football that a "small" club like Wigan can stay in the top division for so long.

The sky money is not to be sneezed at and it`s increased this year by a substantial amount,none of the bottom half clubs are making much from gate money.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't want to see them relegated.

Their style might be visually unappealing but we'd stand very little chance playing against it next season IMO.

Said exactly the same to a Stokie mate last night. As the old saying goes, if Stoke were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains. Can't stand watching them.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

The attendances grate, because they're a small club and a Rugby town. No shame in that at all, but I find it abhorrent that they're in the elite league. They had one good team a decade ago which got them all the way into the Premier League, where they've remained by default ever since. I like Dave Whelan, I like Roberto Martinez and I've nothing against the place or the club specifically... I just don't like the fact they're in the Premier League. It was a lovely story when it happened, and their League Cup run as well. But now they're just a plodding club going nowhere and just taking up the place of a more deserving club.

Maybe it's just me, but they're extreme lack of ambition bores me. I watch Match of the Day every week, so they're over exposed to me.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I just don't like the fact they're in the Premier League. It was a lovely story when it happened, and their League Cup run as well. But now they're just a plodding club going nowhere and just taking up the place of a more deserving club.

Maybe it's just me, but they're extreme lack of ambition bores me. I watch Match of the Day every week, so they're over exposed to me.

People could say the same about us when we get there. Which club is more deserving?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here