Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds appoint new manager

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
3 year deal for Mcdermott, good appointment or not?

I feel sorry for any manager that takes over Leeds, can't see them progressing for a few years, average mid table club in this league.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He got promoted with an average Reading team (in my opinion) so it wouldn't suprise me if he can get playoffs next year with them. Be interesting to see what budget he gets.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
If I was a Leeds fan, I would be bothered by the somewhat questionable ownership issues they still have. I wander what the current board have told McDermott about what their intentions are, transfer kitty etc. Unless they have radical changes planned for next season, I can't see them fairing any better than they have this season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Smacks a little bit of going for a manager who has proven he can do it on a moderate budget. Suggests there won't be mega bucks available for him, which is what Leeds fans have been hoping the new owners will bring. Deluded fools :)

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Alan Curbishley would have been a better call. Actually what has happened to him? With a dearth of experienced Premiership managers, surely an option.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Curbishley has become the new George Graham. He was always the first name linked with managerial vacancies, for several years, but didn't get any of them. Seems to be the same thing with Curbs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here