Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
BT are a shower of shite!!! Thinking of leaving them, I have all my TV, Phone and Broadband through them and the customer service is awful, i won't spare the details but does anyone else get seriously frustrated with them???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They've always been over-priced, there's a huge market of their competitors that have to provide a better value service to survive.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
When recently looking for a new provider i found sky to have a brilliant customer service, BT where shit and wanted me to sign up for 18 months and charge me pretty much double for what sky wanted to charge.

For the basic TV package, phone and broadband I'm paying £28 a month and got a great service, everything was installed within a week.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's as [MENTION=2695]Tricky Dicky[/MENTION] says it's the luck of the draw. I moved everything to Sky about 3 years ago but had such persistent and ongoing issues I moved back to BT about a year ago and it's been no problem whatsoever. I pay the same as or less than I would at Sky and have fibre optic and a great service all round. No doubt I'll run into problems again at some point, have huge aggro and move across to Sky ... and so it goes on

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Have everything with Sky and never had a problem. Quidco usually do good cashback offers, even for existing customers.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Had Sky and kicked them out as I got fed up arguing about having to pay a call out fee and charges for replacement boxes. Moved to Virgin and not had an issue with them - even all faults are fixed for free and quickly.

Too many bad experiences of BT's phone service in the past to want to even consider them nowadays.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Had nothing but problems with BT since we moved over last year - complaint now being dealt with by the Ombudsman.

Shouldn't have moved from Sky. :down:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'm with BT after leaving TalkTalk because of shocking service. BT have now proven to be just as rubbish and keep messing me around with poor service and broken promises. I wanted to move to sky but am not allowed to install a dish on my flat which makes me rather stuck!!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I've had both Virgin and Sky for TV,internet etc. and honestly can't complain about either at all.

I can't say the same about BT, who were shocking in almost every regard.

D

Deleted member 18477

BT are absolutely fine and i've never had a problem with them. in fact i've never had a problem with sky in regards to sky TV either.

BT infinity is a class product! now that they have won the rights to some of the footy and also provide the other games through the sky channels i will seriously consider BT vision when they release the price for the full package come the summer.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
I left BT a number of years ago after being without a phone for 3 weeks.

They sent an engineer, who spent 15 minutes running some tests, and then declared it to be a problem outside the house.
He couldn't deal with it because he was an "inside engineer", but he would log it so an "outside engineer" could come and fix the problem.

The next day, another engineer came and spent 15 minutes running some tests, and then declared it a problem outside the house.
He went outside, opend an inspection cover in the pavements, and said. "Oh yes... I can see what the problem is".
He then said he couldnt fix it because he was an "inside engineer", but he would log it so an "outside engineer" could come and fix the problem.

Long story short, over the next 3 weeks, I had visits from 8, (eight), "inside engineers", none of whom were allowed to fix the problem.

We eventually phoned NTL, (thats how long ago it was), who sent round a team to install the cable and phone the next day, at which point we phoned BT and cancelled our contract.

A week later, a BT engineer arrived to fix the problem, and was nonplussed when we said we were with NTL now.
I DID ask him, and he said he was an inside engineer.

Complete shower.
We have been very happy with the cable company since, NTL, and now Virgin.
Only once have we been given the runaround on a servicing call, and when I asked to be put through to someone technical, they rang back in 30 minutes with a real technician to whom I could properly describe the problem.

I do suspect though that Virgin are not immune to employing numpties.
My mother subscribes to Virgin and the engineer set up her HD box with a scart cable connection to the TV, and then proudly showed off the HD channels, procaiming them to be "superb quality".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here