Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No wonder Poyet turned down Reading...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You would have thought with their future parachute payments that they could afford a couple of bob. Cheapskates.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm sorry, that's FULL TIME, UNPAID and NOT including travel experiences for travel which is NECESSARY for the role?

Bloody Nora.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Going by that, I reckon they might even charge the lucky (???) candidate for the matchday ticket as well!

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
This position is full-time and will require the successful applicant to work unsociable hours from July 2013 - May/June 2014. The post holder will be required to attend all First team home games and some away games

This role is unpaid and includes no travel expenses.

AND unsociable hours, so tempting

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That is terrible. The thing is they could charge a small wage (£12,000ish) and it would be an ideal first placement for a recent Sports Science Graduate, or even an ideal year in industry for somebody doing a related degree (they want a postgraduate, I'm sure there are some about who would be willing to take the small wage for a year or two of experience) - everyone would win. Instead they have gone for the slave labour option. Disgusting, considering the amount of money in football.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hm. Before we act all indignant, do we happen to know if a similar post at Albion is PAID?

And what a sappy thing the have a bit of oneupmanship about.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Plus you need a postgraduate degree and prior experience. Wow.

thats the real anomoly here, it defeats the purpose and role of an intern, to provide job experience.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That is comical. Who do they honestly think is in a position to work full-time, travelling the country, paying for it out of their own pocket, for nothing ?

Presumably they also have to buy their own tickets to the match.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Hm. Before we act all indignant, do we happen to know if a similar post at Albion is PAID?

And what a sappy thing the have a bit of oneupmanship about.

I would have exactly the same reaction if the albion were promoting such a role in the same terms.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That is comical. Who do they honestly think is in a position to work full-time, travelling the country, paying for it out of their own pocket, for nothing ?

Presumably they also have to buy their own tickets to the match.

and their own BOVRIL.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said by others, this is definitely an area within football to be exploited.
The stats that come out of all American sport on the back of Moneyball is proper big business.

The first people/company that take the game stats and use them proactively will become very wealthy.

Clearly though this is shocking, I'd hate to think of the standard of work you get when you pay -£20,000 :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here