Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sun's view of Brighton

Would you welcome the second coming of Christ?

• Yes

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 23 76.7%

• Total voters

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not sure if this has been posted before but it's currently doing the rounds on Facebook.

The Sun.jpg

Seriously, why do people read this shit? I know this was a few years ago but not much has changed- just the boundaries of what they can get away with has shifted slightly.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Let's do a Poll about the second coming and see what response you get. From the responses of some of the posts regarding Baroness Thatcher it may indicate a leaning to the left wing of politics. Kemp Town has a high number of homosexuals and from recent data Brighton does have a high population of drug users. So although the comment made in the sun is very blunt, data would indicate that some areas of Brighton are exactly what article says. Now let's do that poll.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What happened to the first coming of Christ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
to coin a phrase, it was acceptible in the 80's. can you imagine them writing that now? anyway why is it of any interest on the interwebs today?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not sure if this has been posted before but it's currently doing the rounds on Facebook.

View attachment 41483

Seriously, why do people read this shit? I know this was a few years ago but not much has changed- just the boundaries of what they can get away with has shifted slightly.

I'm not sure why I read your shit tbh, that was a little more than a few years ago you numpty.....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Let's do a Poll about the second coming and see what response you get. From the responses of some of the posts regarding Baroness Thatcher it may indicate a leaning to the left wing of politics. Kemp Town has a high number of homosexuals and from recent data Brighton does have a high population of drug users. So although the comment made in the sun is very blunt, data would indicate that some areas of Brighton are exactly what article says. Now let's do that poll.

It was using the word "nasty" in front of all that which was the issue.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
to coin a phrase, it was acceptible in the 80's. can you imagine them writing that now? anyway why is it of any interest on the interwebs today?

As I said, they wrote it because they could get away with it in the 80's. It's shocking, and of interest, to readers today.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Dear Christ. Is there a time warp on here? Why not reference the chain pier falling into the sea...Shoddy leftie workmanship that, or students protesting the poll tax on the level in 1990 as a current example of the hard left peril in Brighton?

What a tool.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
What a bizarre thread.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Wow, how true!

Not only does it sum up Brighton, but NSC as well judging by most of the posts on here.

Exactly why I would never return to live in Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here