Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Chat Political Poll

Who Should be Given the Chance to run the Country

• Total voters

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
After all this political nonsense over the last week or so, lets have it out!!

Which party would you vote for to run the country in an ideal world? No protest votes or tactical voting just who you want to see given a crack at the top job.

Poll to follow

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I voted for BNP for the LOLZ. This is a much easier way of doing it than having to go to the local church hall!

LOLZ

Internet voting would surely increasing the turn out for voters.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am sure it would, but I also think that at the moment it would be too easy to manipulate the vote.

You might even get people voting just for the LOLZ :whistle:

I get your point though

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So far NSC would prefer no-one to run the country.

Says it all really

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Are UKIP in there? I voted for the Christian Party because they're the next closest thing.

Shit missed them, they were on my list but didn't put them in.

Not sure if I can edit my Poll.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
After all this political nonsense over the last week or so, lets have it out!!

Which party would you vote for to run the country in an ideal world? No protest votes or tactical voting just who you want to see given a crack at the top job.

Poll to follow

So where are UKIP?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
None - I don't feel my views are represented by any of these parties. Politics needs a complete overhaul.

Revolution?

I agree.

The problem, in my opinion, is that no Party represents my opinions consistently. In each party there seems to be a small group of decision-makers that decide policy - we then get to chose which small group of these people get to run the country for 5 years.

I wouldn't want to get into a system whereby there is a referendum for every single governmental decision - that would politically cripple the country. But, there must be a better way.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You don't need UKIP as they are just the BNP with a smile.

As above none of the major political parties represent my views. Plus they are all fundamentally the same anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not really a valid question as the political fallout was about the destructive legacy of one person this week.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I agree.

The problem, in my opinion, is that no Party represents my opinions consistently. In each party there seems to be a small group of decision-makers that decide policy - we then get to chose which small group of these people get to run the country for 5 years.

I wouldn't want to get into a system whereby there is a referendum for every single governmental decision - that would politically cripple the country. But, there must be a better way.

This, the world has moved on but politics is still stuck in the early 20th century and therefore does not reflect the real world or the majority of peoples views. I want to vote and have my say in a democracy but I cannot find one party that represents my views close enough to vote for them.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
One of the greatest mysteries for me in British politics is why people perpetually vote in Labour and Tories - it's like a merry-go-round where nothing changes. They just take it in turns to paper over the mistakes of the previous party and then make their own ones. As Galloway puts it, Labour Tories and Lib Dems are like three cheeks of the same backside.

I suppose things just aren't THAT bad here to warrant a drastic change. I personally would take the risk, if there was a party who strove for equality and truly represented the people.

To be honest, political support is very like footbaall support in a lot of cases. "I am a Tory. I will always be a Tory" when actually it would make more sense to take each election as it comes based on the policies presented.

For me, I genuinely don't know who to vote for. For various reasons I struggle to identify with any of the major 3 parties and tend to find the smaller parties politics too small-minded. British politics is ultimately pointless at the moment anyway.

On your last point, I agree but I don't see any party representing those values.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
To be honest, political support is very like footbaall support in a lot of cases. "I am a Tory. I will always be a Tory" when actually it would make more sense to take each election as it comes based on the policies presented.

For me, I genuinely don't know who to vote for. For various reasons I struggle to identify with any of the major 3 parties and tend to find the smaller parties politics too small-minded. British politics is ultimately pointless at the moment anyway.

On your last point, I agree but I don't see any party representing those values.

You are never going to agree with EVERY policy that a political party puts forward or implements when they're in power. However, so long as you agree with what the party TRULY stands for then you're vote is not wasted.

The trouble is, sussing out what the main political parties TRULY stand for is a bit harder to ascertain than some of the smaller parties.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here