Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sex Offenders Register

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Dilemma. I have learned that a guy living in my street is on the register. I don't know what for and I seem to be the only ones in the street that knows. I am a parent of 3 and obviously a little concerned. He has lived here for 12yrs.

Should I inform my neighbours ( I think I have a duty too)?. Should I do anything else? No I don't own any garden shears.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How did you learn the guy is on the register? Is it just a rumour?

Ulloa

Banned
Feb 3, 2013
Dilemma. I have learned that a guy living in my street is on the register. I don't know what for and I seem to be the only ones in the street that knows. I am a parent of 3 and obviously a little concerned. He has lived here for 12yrs.

Should I inform my neighbours ( I think I have a duty too)?. Should I do anything else? No I don't own any garden shears.

Because Labour signed up to the Human rights act lock stock and barrel then there's nothing you can do about it. Pedophiles and any pervert have the right to a nice private life just like you and me, Thanks Tony Blair you leftie shit for brain cock.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
How did you learn the guy is on the register? Is it just a rumour?

A friend of mine is a prison officer and recognised him by chance. He told me that he had done time for sex offences and therefore it is an assumption he is registered but it does concern me. He also lives alone.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
People have to sign it for all sorts of offences, it doesn't necessarily mean they are a danger. One case I saw there was a lad who, after a few sherberts, grabbed a girl's breast in a nightclub because he thought he was in (he wasn't). If I recall correctly he was charged with sexual assault but as it was very bottom of the scale he got a conditional discharge but he still had to sign the SOR.
There is another bloke who is on it because he tried to kiss a woman and she wan't willing.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
People have to sign it for all sorts of offences, it doesn't necessarily mean they are a danger. One case I saw there was a lad who, after a few sherberts, grabbed a girl's breast in a nightclub because he thought he was in (he wasn't). If I recall correctly he was charged with sexual assault but as it was very bottom of the scale he got a conditional discharge but he still had to sign the SOR.
There is another bloke who is on it because he tried to kiss a woman and she wan't willing.

I get that but to be honest and I know i'm stereotyping, there is something about him. He could be just a flasher but................

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A friend of mine is a prison officer and recognised him by chance. He told me that he had done time for sex offences and therefore it is an assumption he is registered but it does concern me. He also lives alone.

Are you not able to get any more details from your prison officer friend? Also, can you be sure it's not someone who looks similar?

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus

Just ask him then decide. He will most probably deny it or play it down but at least you can kind of put your mind at rest.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Are you not able to get any more details from your prison officer friend? Also, can you be sure it's not someone who looks similar?

Just ask him then decide. He will most probably deny it or play it down but at least you can kind of put your mind at rest.

There is a confidentiality issue as my friend actually had brief conversation with him. He told me he should not really be telling me. I don't want to drop him in it.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
If a re-trial involving some footballers goes the wrong way for them, they'll have to sign the register. As has been said, it's not always paedos.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It'll be over turned as it's an infringement of perverts right to a normal life under the human rights act introduced by TONY BLAIR. Brighton and hove council will have to back down. Thanks Labour lol

Have you never perved?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There is a confidentiality issue as my friend actually had brief conversation with him. He told me he should not really be telling me. I don't want to drop him in it.
So ask your friend what it was for, as you are concerned. Then make a judgement on whether you should tell the neighbours (hopefully it won't be necessary, as it would probably get out and your mate could be in trouble).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So ask your friend what it was for, as you are concerned. Then make a judgement on whether you should tell the neighbours (hopefully it won't be necessary, as it would probably get out and your mate could be in trouble).

This, I think that if your mate has told you this much he has an obligation to at least tell you how serious it is. It seems to me a bit like the kids came of "i know a secret but i can't tell you"........."alright i will give you a clue". I would be pretty pissed of that my mate had told me enough to worry the **** out of me without telling me exactly how worried I should be and what i should do about it. He was exactly right when he said he shouldn't tell you..........and this is exactly why!

Dec 29, 2011
You definitely need to go to an official source. Telling your neighbours someone on your road is a sex offender because 'your mate recognised him' isn't enough reason. What if he misjudged or in an extreme case it was a twin brother? You really can't be sure, and you could make an innocent guys life a misery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here