Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Thatcher's Funeral Pass Without Incident?

Will Thatcher's Funeral Pass Without Incident

• It will pass peacefully and respectfully

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • It is inevitable it will be ruined

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I want it to pass peacefully but fear it won't.

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • It deserves to be ruined however don't think it will

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
What ever your political opinions i find it emotionally callous to celebrate someones death, however i really can't help but think this funeral won't pass peacefully without being hijacked by some ****, protesters etc... i hope i am wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Too many anti Maggie agitators around, not a chance, sadly

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Only bonus is that the wavering voter might see the left what it really is. They have already shown themselves up big time over the last few days, and it's only going to get worse!

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
There will be opponents' and it could get interesting.

Don't you think it is exactly how she would have wanted it?

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes it will . Hated Maggie but celebrated all week. Most I know done the same . That song top ten and all the anti stuff this week has been incredible . The funeral will be fine . Everyone had their fun and made the point this week

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Poll options are too specific. I don't think it will be 'ruined' as security will be sufficient to ensure that, but nor will it pass off 'without incident'.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sadly there will be trouble, which is frankly, whatever people might feel about her, digusting for that to happen at a funeral.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There will be more Police on overtime next Wednesady than what we saw at Orgreave.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This funeral is a disgrace, but I wouldn't be surprised if a publicly funded security operation kept thing relatively peaceful.

To have what amounts to a state funeral for someone who did her level best to tear this country apart rather than bring it together is an outrage and represents nothing more than a triumphalist celebration on behalf of the forces of thatcherism.

D

Deleted member 22389

Should have been kept as a private ceremony, respect for her and the family. Complete waste of public money in my opinion as well.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Put it this way, if you pop into a Tesco Metro in Central London expecting to buy a box of eggs for an omelette I think you'll find the shelves empty.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Think there is something going on with the apprentice boys in central London this weekend, along with a Thatcher dead party at Trafalgar Sq, that the right wing have threatened to attack.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Should have been kept as a private ceremony, respect for her and the family. Complete waste of public money in my opinion as well.

So numerous dignitaries from all over the world, their security and the world's media should all try and fit themselves in / around St Wulfram's C.of.E Church, Grantham? And maybe Gorby and George Bush could have a chat over sausage rolls at the Dog & Duck wake?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Put it this way, if you pop into a Tesco Metro in Central London expecting to buy a box of eggs for an omelette I think you'll find the shelves empty.

I suspect any egg throwing plebs will get a smack on the hooter from those who are paying respects with a bit of dignity.....

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

This funeral is a disgrace, but I wouldn't be surprised if a publicly funded security operation kept thing relatively peaceful.

To have what amounts to a state funeral for someone who did her level best to tear this country apart rather than bring it together is an outrage and represents nothing more than a triumphalist celebration on behalf of the forces of thatcherism.

I am by no means a Tory boy nor have ever voted Conservative... but why shouldn't a Lady who led the country for 11 years not be given a funeral of this stature at the publics expense? She made **** ups but i do feel she felt what she was doing was right...

I feel that many lefties will show themselves up as fools come Wednesday.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I suspect any egg throwing plebs will get a smack on the hooter from those who are paying respects with a bit of dignity.....

You can chuck an egg from 100 feet away and still score a bullseye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here