Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triple injury tonic for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Triple injury tonic for Albion[/h]10:54am Thursday 11th April 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2404922.jpg
Will Buckley (left). Boss Gus Poyet is relieved the winger will not be hamstrung for three weeks.
Albion wingers Will Buckley and Kazenga LuaLua have not suffered long-term hamstring damage and manager Gus Poyet hopes to have at least one of them available for Saturday's trip to Middlesbrough.

* First choice right-back Bruno (calf) is also closing in on a comeback, giving Albion a triple boost for the play-off run-in.

* Poyet feared at least a three week lay-off for Buckley following his early departure from last Saturday's 1-1 draw against Leicester at The Amex.

* He was also concerned about LuaLua, who replaced Buckley and struck the Seagulls' late equaliser, while Bruno has missed the last four matches.

* Poyet said this morning: "They are all very close, because it was not as bad as we thought. They will have a chance all the time. Of course, the longer you go the more chances they will get.

* "Bruno is coming back to training with us today for the first time. Will he be fit enough to play on Saturday? Difficult to say.

* "I thought Bucker was three weeks minimum, because of the way he told me at the time he felt.

* "Kazenga, luckily enough, was not as bad as we expected and we'll see. We will manage it daily.

* "If we can have one (Buckley or LuaLua) it would be fantastic and if not we won't complain. We decided to stay with this squad, to trust our young players. We are not afraid of playing George or Solly March or who ever it is."

* Meanwhile, Leo Ulloa has been nominated for the Championship player of the month award for March after scoring seven goals in six games, including a hat-trick against Huddersfield.

* Poyet said of his Argentinian target man: "I think he deserves it and I hope he wins it, because of the impact he has made not only in our own team but the whole League."

* Ulloa faces competition from Hull's attacking midfielder George Boyd and Peterborough centre-half Gabriel Zakuani, who will be marking him when Albion visit London Road next Tuesday.

* The winner is announced tomorrow morning.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here