Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Robert Edwards

The father of 5 million children, the giver of joy to childless couples has passed away.

On behalf of someone very close may I say Thank you sir, you made them complete.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's a reason why we're still called Great Britain and it's because of people like him and what they do. R.I.P. Bob.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The father of 5 million children, the giver of joy to childless couples has passed away.

On behalf of someone very close may I say Thank you sir, you made them complete.

Mmmm i am sure its all very good when it works... £20k down the bloody toilet for me - thanks for nothing Bob.

Two posts, that's all it took, TWO bloody posts to find something to have a go at one of this countries finest Biologists, Nobel Prize Winner, Pioneer.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Like i said i am sure its all very good when it works - but when do you last spend 20K and get nothing - other than emotional trauma and distress. When it doesnt work sometimes you wish you never had the option. Dashed hope is worse than no hope at all.

Like i said i am sure its all very good when it works - but when do you last spend 20K and get nothing - other than emotional trauma and distress. When it doesnt work sometimes you wish you never had the option. Dashed hope is worse than no hope at all.

I feel for you, I really do. But I would wager that most people would say the exact opposite. I would rather have hope.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I feel for you, I really do. But I would wager that most people would say the exact opposite. I would rather have hope.

On reflection you are of course right people should have hope and IVF has been a miracle for millions of people. Picking up the peices is not so easy when you reach the point of failure and the realization that you wont have children, no junior seagull for me. I just feel now looking back on the whole sorry process it might have been easier not to have had an option to try.

On reflection you are of course right people should have hope and IVF has been a miracle for millions of people. Picking up the peices is not so easy when you reach the point of failure and the realization that you wont have children, no junior seagull for me. I just feel now looking back on the whole sorry process it might have been easier not to have had an option to try.

I have no idea what it must feel like and can only imagine the hurt, I have only ever seen it bring joy.

Apologies for stirring these emotions, I suppose I never even contemplated that side of it.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I have no idea what it must feel like and can only imagine the hurt, I have only ever seen it bring joy.

Apologies for stirring these emotions, I suppose I never even contemplated that side of it.

No problem Hillian1 - my first post was a little facetious to say the least. It is hard when it fails you just have to get used to the idea that your life will take a different path. More time to see the Albion, being able to please yourself 100% of the time and getting plently of sleep are a few compensations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here