Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
At the start of the season along with Liam and Tomasz, I thought he was one of our best players and oozed class at times and was often my man of the match. His form dipped and now of course he's recovering from another injury. Do you think his niggling injuries were the cause for his dip or is he just inconsistent. Just been thinking about it recently. I rate Calde as well, but miss Bruno's start of the season form and would welcome that back, as he gave a lovely attacking option down the right and would boost our playoff push if fit. Thoughts????

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Start of season Bruno is one of the highlights of the entire season.
His dip in form has to be down to his injuries, we're very fortunate to have Calde as backup.

Although I'm still not convinced Bruno & Buckley are as good as Calde & Buckley, even though B&B are individually better.

Talking of Calde did anyone see him get slated on Late Kick-Off, for not getting tight enough.
But failing to mention when our move broke down, he was furthest up field, in the penalty area.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's been playing with injuries. Need to get him somewhere near 100% again to see the real Bruno.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Bruno at the start of the season was a joy to watch, if he can get back to where he was at then that would be fantastic, im not to concerned at the moment as Calde has really upped his game this season, hes been fantastic at times. we are just lucky to have two good right back options.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He's back in training today, so he should hopefully be on the bench by the time we play Blackpool

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
So.......with Buckley and Lua Lua injury doubts Bruno maybe considered as a replacement winger?

Calde retains his place at right back. Win win.

I would actually like that to happen. But I think it's more likely that Gus would put Bruno at right back and Calde in midfield or on the wing.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
So.......with Buckley and Lua Lua injury doubts Bruno maybe considered as a replacement winger?

I'd actually be very happy with that.

If we had Ulloa on the end of some of those Bruno forays into the opposition half that we had at the start of the season, and not CMS, we'd have a load more goals.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He's back in training today, so he should hopefully be on the bench by the time we play Blackpool

I had the great fortune to sit on his table at the kit sponsors dinner last night, he told us that he is confident that he will be back in contention by next Tuesday, and hopeful that he'll feature in that game in some way.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

I can only repeat what the horses mouths said last night, but both Buckley and Lua Lua are expecting to be back for the Blackpool game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Calde is a decent back-up right back / utility defender, he's staunch Albion and rarely gets injured. Bruno is the classier player and I believe Buckley is a better player with Bruno behind him. We need both players and, hopefully, with rest and a decent pre-season Bruno will be a key part of our 2013/14 season.

Jimmy Grimble

I can only repeat what the horses mouths said last night, but both Buckley and Lua Lua are expecting to be back for the Blackpool game.

The horses mouth being what they both said individually? Or Gus?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
both Buckley and Lua Lua are expecting to be back for the Blackpool game.
So for the 'boros it's:
Kuszczak
Bridge, Upson, Greer, Calderon
Lopez, Bridcutt, Hammond, Orlandi
Vicente, Ulloa

and hope to god they all play 180 minutes. I can't believe how many we've got injured right now.

EDIT:
Oh: Good news.
Triple injury tonic for Albion From The Argus)

It's possible Kaz or Buckers will be available for Middlesbrough according to that :shrug: If they're fit enough to be on the bench that would be good.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The horses mouth being what they both said individually? Or Gus?

We were speaking with them both, individually, and asked the question. Buckley very much nailing himself on for the Blackpool game, desparate to get back in the side, Lua Lua said that's when he expects to be ready.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
he is spanish and he don't like frost/cold/condensation.......hopefully near fit as it's players like him ,vince and spanish dave who are gonna do the job in the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here