Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under cover police cars- do you have to stop?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
We (the eggmundo family) had a big debate at the dinner table this evening on whether you have to stop for an under cover police car or not.
Mrs Eggmundo said she saw something on 'FACEBOOK' where someone didn't stop for an under cover police car and phoned the police (while she was driving;apparently on hands free so it was OK) and they said no, the under cover police car was in fact a RAPIST who had dreamt up this elaborate plan just to trap her. AND she didn't have to stop for an undercover police car..AS LONG as she made her way to the nearest police station when she was first signalled to pull over.

Well...@EDNA...do you have a legal obligation to stop for an under cover police car or can you IGNORE them and carry on as normal????

OH sages of NSC enlighten me.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
if its under cover, how would you know?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has the Mrs got herself in a spot of bother :lol:

I'd see a solicitor if I were you , and not ask on NSC.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
You have to stop.

Much like entering your pin backwards doesn't alert the police you're being mugged. I hate Facebook.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
They have blue flashing lights under the grill and a sign at the back that may say "I AM AN UNDER COVER POLICE CAR>>>NOT A RAPIST"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We (the eggmundo family) had a big debate at the dinner table this evening on whether you have to stop for an under cover police car or not.
Mrs Eggmundo said she saw something on 'FACEBOOK' where someone didn't stop for an under cover police car and phoned the police (while she was driving;apparently on hands free so it was OK) and they said no, the under cover police car was in fact a RAPIST who had dreamt up this elaborate plan just to trap her. AND she didn't have to stop for an undercover police car..AS LONG as she made her way to the nearest police station when she was first signalled to pull over.

Well...@EDNA...do you have a legal obligation to stop for an under cover police car or can you IGNORE them and carry on as normal????

By extension why bother to stop for any officer? I could be a rapist dressed up in a uniform with a pimped up white mondeo?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They have blue flashing lights under the grill and a sign at the back that may say "I AM AN UNDER COVER POLICE CAR>>>NOT A RAPIST"
A cunning double bluff.
It's unlikely to say ''I AM A RAPIST>>>NOT AN UNDERCOVER POLICE CAR''.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I also remember being told that you don't HAVE to (legally speaking) although I imagine that it's frowned upon somewhat if you don't........

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

Jan 30, 2008

facebook FFS:facepalm:
regards
DR

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I havent clicked on your link but MOST of the time, the rozzers in the UNMARKED car will in fact be uniformed constables.

And there is a difference between an un-marked car and an undercover car.

It must be a marked police car, even stop signs in the back etc do not count as you can buy similar signs and put them in yourself.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When I am out raping I usually take my own car and leave my patrol car and uniform at the nick.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
A good friend is a woman rozzer, had this conversation last week with her, no, you do not have to stop.
I was stopped once (well, actually over the years I have been stopped more than once) by a marked car that had been called by the unmarked car to stop me, so I had presumed that they did not have the power to stop me.

My crime? Giving my son a driving lesson.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I was stopped once (well, actually over the years I have been stopped more than once) by a marked car that had been called by the unmarked car to stop me, so I had presumed that they did not have the power to stop me.

My crime? Giving my son a driving lesson.

Were you swigging from a bottle of Smirnoff whilst instructing?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here