Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The maggie and royals

Goat lung

Jan 27, 2013
Don't want a poll but it would be interesting to see how many who would dance on maggies grave would also like to see the end of the royal family , and I doubt very much if any of the grave dancers have there own businesses or are self employed

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
They will probably be largely the same group,....

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I hated Thatcher but don't want to dance on her grave or celebrate in any way. I would like to see the end of the Royal Family (as in dissolution rather than by violent means). I am a leftie true, but I work in admin atm :thumbsup:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'm a republican so, yes, I would like to see the end of the royal family.

Oct 25, 2003
love the royal family...don't give a shit either way about thatcher and always lean to the left

generalisations are the worst thing on this thread

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Never wished to dance on Maggie's grave (didn't like her, but then i don't like any politicians). Not really fussed about the royal family, although I think they are outdated they do some good stuff and some people like them. Can take them or leave them really.

I am a teacher and probably would be seen as left wing although I don't really feel my ideology is represented by any party. I think the left/right thing acts as pointless generalization about ones beliefs and values which is manipulated by those in power to keep us arguing amongst ourselves and not noticing that they are screwing us over on a daily basis to feather their and their crony's nests.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Don't want a poll but it would be interesting to see how many who would dance on maggies grave would also like to see the end of the royal family , and I doubt very much if any of the grave dancers have there own businesses or are self employed

Not quite sure what the point of this is.

It would be equally interesting, and equally irrelevant, to know what proportion of those who support Thatcher engage in Morris dancing in their spare time, and don't like the taste of celery.

For what it's worth, I detest Thatcher and all that she stood for, have no strong feelings one way or the other about the royal family, and run my own (successful) business.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Careful citizens.

According to the 1848 Treason Felony Act, section 3, it is a criminal offense to advocate the abolition of the Monarchy in print, even by peaceful means.

[MENTION=17936]catfish[/MENTION] Under the act it is also a criminal offense to advocate Republicanism.

These crimes are punishable by life imprisonment.

You live in a King-dom. Know your place.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
would'nt say I dance on the grave of the Queen its the whole royal family thing and my mum would turn in her grave thinking I was a staunch republican.
I do have a little respect for the old girl and had lots for her mum
and a wry smile comes across my lips when you hear the the Queen made the witch stand at the weekly meeting
whereas Harold Wilson took tea with the old girl and they apparently swapped jokes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here