Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth get away with it- AGAIN!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yet Bury are on the verge of going under.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yet Bury are on the verge of going under.

Bury look like going bust because they need £1M to keep them going. That is a months wages for some of the highest paid footballers in the Prem.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will the FL make them pay a non refundable £500k bond to guarantee they fulfil their fixtures next season ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So what is the latest news that this thread is about ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So what is the latest news that this thread is about ???

BDO (formerly PKF) the administrators reached a deal with Portpin who had a charge on Fratton Park. Portpin will sell Fratton Park to PST and further allow Pompey to exit administration.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting to see what the FL do about the 10 point deduction. According to the rules if they would go down this season without it then it should be applied at the start of next season instead. Dont hold your breath though :nono:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Interesting to see what the FL do about the 10 point deduction. According to the rules if they would go down this season without it then it should be applied at the start of next season instead. Dont hold your breath though :nono:

They came out of Administration this season, so they should get the deduction this season - simple.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They came out of Administration this season, so they should get the deduction this season - simple.

Under the current rules if they are relegated without the deduction being applied because they didn't get enough points to stay up the deduction is carried over to the beginning of next season. As they took 14 months to exit administration (normally the deadline is 12 months) there maybe a further sanction plus it was administration number 3. Mind you the FL interpret the rules to suit themselves.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Feel sorry for the fans etc etc but they should throw the book at them

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Under the current rules if they are relegated without the deduction being applied because they didn't get enough points to stay up the deduction is carried over to the beginning of next season. As they took 14 months to exit administration (normally the deadline is 12 months) there maybe a further sanction plus it was administration number 3. Mind you the FL interpret the rules to suit themselves.

True, to be honest i hate Pompey so for them to get 10 points off next season would make me happy - though the FL wont do that.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
The only crumb of comfort is that, one way or the other, Plopsmouth will be playing in the bottom tier next season.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I'm pleased by the news - does that make me bad?

If the club is genuinely being taken over by a supporters trust and they run the club within it's means then good luck to them.
It's not good for the game to see any club going under.
I hope Bury find a way out of heir troubles too. It must be a difficult task maintaining a club in an area with so many clubs close by.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Assuming that all parties honour this agreement then well done to the supporters trust for getting this far. I know we slated their fans for being tardy in getting their act together but it is an acheivement.

Now the real work begins in taking control of the finances and keeping the Club on an even keel. It won't be easy grubbing around in League 1 & 2 unless they have a new Sugar Daddy to keep them afloat and won't jump ship when things don't work out.

You do have to feel for their creditors and for the backroom staff who got shafted. I do wonder how many Pompey fans aren't worried about that sort of detail, 'cos it must seem like whatever they do wrong they somehow live to fight another day. Wouldn't surprise me if some are already dreaming of what might await Pompey in say 5 years time - a new stadium, Harry back in charge, marquee signings, being in the Prem and another Cup win?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here