Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yorkshire: A Lyth, AZ Lees, PA Jaques, AW Gale, JM Bairstow, GS Ballance, Azeem Rafiq, LE Plunkett, RJ Sidebottom, JA Brooks, SA Patterson

Sussex: CD Nash, LWP Wells, MH Yardy, EC Joyce, RJ Hamilton-Brown, JS Gatting, BC Brown, CJ Jordan, SJ Magoffin, JE Anyon, MS Panesar

Sussex have won the toss and will field

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Will this be Wells and Gattings year? Lovely cricket :)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Won the toss and elected to lose?
BOF... 9 minutes before the season is even underway and any semblance of optimism seems to have evaporated. I salute you on your willingness to accept reality.

The Independent today has Sussex at 8/1 for something this morning. I didn't read the whole article but I assume those odds are for achieving some sort of performance measure...

a batting bonus point at anytime during the season?
take 10 wickets in a single innings?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BOF... 9 minutes before the season is even underway and any semblance of optimism seems to have evaporated. I salute you on your willingness to accept reality.

The Independent today has Sussex at 8/1 for something this morning. I didn't read the whole article but I assume those odds are for achieving some sort of performance measure...

a batting bonus point at anytime during the season?
take 10 wickets in a single innings?

I decided I wouldn't get my hopes up. A team of novices and journeymen.

Oh and Anyon has plundered our only wicket of the day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yorkshire: A Lyth, AZ Lees, PA Jaques, AW Gale, JM Bairstow, GS Ballance, Azeem Rafiq, LE Plunkett, RJ Sidebottom, JA Brooks, SA Patterson

Sussex: CD Nash, LWP Wells, MH Yardy, EC Joyce, RJ Hamilton-Brown, JS Gatting, BC Brown, CJ Jordan, SJ Magoffin, JE Anyon, MS Panesar

Sussex have won the toss and will field

Who is CJ Jordan?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
6-1. Oh well, at least we'll end up taking one wicket today (grateful for small mercies)...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Won the toss and elected to lose?

I think headingley is the one ground where you do NOT bat first when you win the toss, I have seen so many Tests and county games where the heart can be ripped out of your batting on the first morning.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think headingley is the one ground where you do NOT bat first when you win the toss, I have seen so many Tests and county games where the heart can be ripped out of your batting on the first morning.

Indeed. That is what a few experts were saying on Twitter. Good toss to win. Now let's use it!

Will we have worked out how to bat in the first innings?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yorks 7/1 off 10 overs. Boycott's just rushed to the gents with a box of tissues.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here