[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Looks awesome

iDShOP7vYit1H.gif

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dortmund in general should be a shining example to football clubs all over the world. Incredible support, and the way they play is fantastic. Posession with a purpose, high energy levels and superb work ethic.

And a lovely kit. :love:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Never happen at our club I’m afraid, needs arranging through supporters clubs and online forums and anyone that suggests such things gets flamed.

A simple display of flags and scarfs would be good, went to Ibrox a few years back and the sea of flags looks awesome.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Never happen at our club I’m afraid, needs arranging through supporters clubs and online forums and anyone that suggests such things gets flamed.

A simple display of flags and scarfs would be good, went to Ibrox a few years back and the sea of flags looks awesome.

Sadly, too many utter miseries on here that will flame any suggestion of colour, noise, flags, displays or anything at all. Real shame cause the Amex could look and sound amazing.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
The ultras set all this up themselves, Collection buckets, hiring a massive place to make the banners and then taking all day to actually put it in place inside the stadium. cant see us ever having the supporters enthusiastic enough to want to do this. Shame as it looks fantastic and i have been there many times and witnessed the atmosphere, which resembles a rock concert with everyone singing along to the songs

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sadly, too many utter miseries on here that will flame any suggestion of colour, noise, flags, displays or anything at all. Real shame cause the Amex could look and sound amazing.

I personally think it will need a huge change in UK culture before you can get anywhere near the German ground atmosphere. Firstly, around 80% of German fans wear colours which immediately leads to a more colourful environment. They are also a lot more vocal than English crowds. I think you just have to accept that the English are more reserved as a nation and this is reflected in ground atmosphere and it will not change no matter what initiatives arise. Disappointing.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Dortmund City centre prior to a game 95% of people will be wearing shirts or scarves its a beautiful thing and like a carnival every home game

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The ultras set all this up themselves, Collection buckets, hiring a massive place to make the banners and then taking all day to actually put it in place inside the stadium. cant see us ever having the supporters enthusiastic enough to want to do this. Shame as it looks fantastic and i have been there many times and witnessed the atmosphere, which resembles a rock concert with everyone singing along to the songs

I think you would find people up for putting the time and effort in but not if other fans are just gonna moan and grumble about it being tinpot/made them cringe/embarrassment etc.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The nature of so many responses on here to the concepts of ;Ultra fans, the 'display' ideas, banners, sing-a-long lyrics on the screen, flags for everyone, and the wearing of colours rather precludes the Albion fans from ever being as lively, fun and exciting as even 1/10th of that stand at BVB.

I do feel so sorry for those who 'cringe' and are 'embarrassed' by things like the flags we had for the first game, and family days when kids and grown ups wear a bit of face paint.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Noooo it's too "European" what's wrong with a good old fashioned English atmosphere, sitting down and clapping politely :jester:

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Wicked support, I watched this match in a Bar in Malaga, nr Station, u can imagine the atmosphere in the bar at the end! but what hit home was the dortmund fans. Kin offside that last goal thow.

D

Deleted member 18477

Wicked support, I watched this match in a Bar in Malaga, nr Station, u can imagine the atmosphere in the bar at the end! but what hit home was the dortmund fans. Kin offside that last goal thow.

Malaga's 2nd goal was offside as well. So the result was fair and no one wants Malaga in the semi final! We want a good semi final!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here