Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Archer and Bellotti both died in freak accidents recently......Time for a street party?

Will you be celebrating the death of the evil ones?

• Yes

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 66 67.3%

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Well, the indignity of some posters here about how it's pathetic that people would celebrate a person's death has intrigued me to test the waters with this little poll.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I don't see how any sense of justice or satisfaction will be derived from their deaths. Ultimately, it happens to all of us. As far as I'm concerned, we as a club have moved on and progressed since their era.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Celebrating (or being happy to hear of) the death of someone who is actively causing hatred at the time is understandable. Be it a dictator, active terrorist, etc etc.

But I just don't get the logic of celebrating the passing of someone who stopped having any form of influence a long time ago.

So no, It wouldn't even bother me that they died, let alone have me celebrate.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I voted no. However, it is a stupid pole, because those two never did any good for any of us. To suggest it is a comparitor with the death of Mrs Thatcher is frankly pathetic, becuase she actually did a lot of good for the country, even if an individual's view is that the bad things outway the good.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Celebrating (or being happy to hear of) the death of someone who is actively causing hatred at the time is understandable. Be it a dictator, active terrorist, etc etc.

But I just don't get the logic of celebrating the passing of someone who stopped having any form of influence a long time ago.

So no, It wouldn't even bother me that they died, let alone have me celebrate.

Wouldn't bother me either. They are rightly loathed dead or alive, but no party plans for their passing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The moment of catharsis came when Falmer opened its doors in Aug 2011 vs Doncaster. Whatever happens to Bellotti, Archer, Stanley from that point onward then became irrelevant.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Re: Archer and Bellotti both died in freak accidents recently.....Time for a street party?

It's fairly pathetic to celebrate a death in pretty much every circumstance, especially when those that are taking the dirt nap have long ceased to have any influence or relevance. For example; Archer & Bellotti.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Worth glorifying for sure. Few songs off the back of it but that would be it for me. As bad as they were, lets be honest they didn't wreck lives to the same levels Th**tcher did.

That said , if some want to have a party , then im not going to wet my knickers about it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope let it go, it wouldn't change a thing and I personally wouldn't get any pleasure from dancing in the street.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It's fairly pathetic to celebrate a death in pretty much every circumstance, especially when those that are taking the dirt nap have long ceased to have any influence or relevance. For example; Archer & Bellotti.

Tell that to the Mexicans

1288691413-day-of-the-death-in-mexico-city_494885.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here