Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough away

Brighton Ark

Jan 18, 2010
Just logged into web site to buy train ticket (from London) and it was going to be £65 return!!!! I tried Red spotted Hankey, The Trainline and National Rail. They all say the same. Any ideas?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Left it a bit late haven't you

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i think you can get a daysave thing from first capital connect for £17 if there is are 3 or 4 of you it would cost £40 i think and that includes your tube travel in london . could be wrong though

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Just logged into web site to buy train ticket (from London) and it was going to be £65 return!!!! I tried Red spotted Hankey, The Trainline and National Rail. They all say the same. Any ideas?

Im sure Liz Costa will have a space available on her coach for a tuesday night, 01273 885658 depending where you live.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
i think you can get a daysave thing from first capital connect for £17 if there is are 3 or 4 of you it would cost £40 i think and that includes your tube travel in london . could be wrong though

Off-peak travel only, fine for coming back but since your leaving Kings Cross in the evening rush hour, i dont think it would be allowed - ill ask FCC now actually.

EDIT - Just got a reply from FCC, Daysave isnt allowed to be used from Kings Cross at peak times, would have to be a new ticket.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The slow train only takes 20 minutes longer ..... 100 quid for a return ticket to pboro on the fast one - ridiculous

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Off-peak travel only, fine for coming back but since your leaving Kings Cross in the evening rush hour, i dont think it would be allowed - ill ask FCC now actually.

EDIT - Just got a reply from FCC, Daysave isnt allowed to be used from Kings Cross at peak times, would have to be a new ticket.

cheers for that. does peak time start at 430? so if you got on at kings x at 429 youd be ok?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Cloud,

That is called 'breaking your journey'. Used to be allowed - but no longer.
You'll get clobbered if you try it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here