Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough away

Brighton Ark

Jan 18, 2010
Just logged into web site to buy train ticket (from London) and it was going to be £65 return!!!! I tried Red spotted Hankey, The Trainline and National Rail. They all say the same. Any ideas?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Left it a bit late haven't you

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i think you can get a daysave thing from first capital connect for £17 if there is are 3 or 4 of you it would cost £40 i think and that includes your tube travel in london . could be wrong though

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Just logged into web site to buy train ticket (from London) and it was going to be £65 return!!!! I tried Red spotted Hankey, The Trainline and National Rail. They all say the same. Any ideas?

Im sure Liz Costa will have a space available on her coach for a tuesday night, 01273 885658 depending where you live.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
i think you can get a daysave thing from first capital connect for £17 if there is are 3 or 4 of you it would cost £40 i think and that includes your tube travel in london . could be wrong though

Off-peak travel only, fine for coming back but since your leaving Kings Cross in the evening rush hour, i dont think it would be allowed - ill ask FCC now actually.

EDIT - Just got a reply from FCC, Daysave isnt allowed to be used from Kings Cross at peak times, would have to be a new ticket.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The slow train only takes 20 minutes longer ..... 100 quid for a return ticket to pboro on the fast one - ridiculous

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Off-peak travel only, fine for coming back but since your leaving Kings Cross in the evening rush hour, i dont think it would be allowed - ill ask FCC now actually.

EDIT - Just got a reply from FCC, Daysave isnt allowed to be used from Kings Cross at peak times, would have to be a new ticket.

cheers for that. does peak time start at 430? so if you got on at kings x at 429 youd be ok?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Cloud,

That is called 'breaking your journey'. Used to be allowed - but no longer.
You'll get clobbered if you try it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here