Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge engaged

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Congratulations Mr Bridge.... But what does that mean for us?

Frankie Sandford announces her engagement to Wayne Bridge | The Sun |Showbiz

FRANKIE Sandford has announced her engagement to boyfriend Wayne Bridge.

The Saturdays singer excitedly revealed the news on her Twitter page by posting a snap of the footballer kissing her on the cheek as she flashed a huge diamond sparkler on her wedding ring finger.

Frankie, 24, uploaded the image to Instagram alongside the caption "Guess what?!!!!" sparking a flurry of congratulations from her fans.

The couple have been dating since December 2010 and just last month she slammed rumours of any pending engagement to the 32-year-old defender who is currently on loan at Brighton and Hove Albion from Manchester City.

She told OK! Magazine: "He's definitely not going to do it. Everyone else is thinking about it more than I am."

But what chances do we now have keeping him seeing as she wants to stay in the states?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
At this exact moment it means our first choice left-back is engaged.

For the longer term I can't imagine that this would make too much difference to his career plans, he's been here this season whilst she's been wherever, no reason that it couldn't continue if that was what he wanted to happen.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think it was always likely that he's going to the States. He'll want one more big payday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All depends on how much he's enjoyed playing full time again and what division we are in next season I imagine

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think it was always likely that he's going to the States. He'll want one more big payday.

People over doing the pay day thing. I suggest people keep checking MLS wages before pedalling this. Beckham was 'only' on $3m a season, that is around £35k a week, but teams have wage caps. Can you really see many MLS teams using their 'marquee' signing, or spending absolute top dollar on a left back? I can't. And the Saturdays US thing isn't going as well as they hoped. One has a young kid, another has a kid on the way I think, I can't see them upping and leaving.

I'm more worried about another Championship team, or Premiership team.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
People over doing the pay day thing. I suggest people keep checking MLS wages before pedalling this. Beckham was 'only' on $3m a season, that is around £35k a week, but teams have wage caps. Can you really see many MLS teams using their 'marquee' signing, or spending absolute top dollar on a left back? I can't. And the Saturdays US thing isn't going as well as they hoped. One has a young kid, another has a kid on the way I think, I can't see them upping and leaving.

I'm more worried about another Championship team, or Premiership team.

Even so, there is a huge difference between £35K and £10K. I know that is the top wage, but we can't compete with some teams in our own division.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Even so, there is a huge difference between £35K and £10K. I know that is the top wage, but we can't compete with some teams in our own division.

We're paying nearer £15k a week I believe.

I reckon he'd be lucky to get $1m a season out there less than £13k a week - top earners are always midfielders or strikers.

I'd be more worried about a Cardiff or similar

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the Saturdays have one with baby and one about to drop, so the US link may be overplayed.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We're paying nearer £15k a week I believe.

I reckon he'd be lucky to get $1m a season out there less than £13k a week - top earners are always midfielders or strikers.

I'd be more worried about a Cardiff or similar

It has been quoted by the club that we are paying £10K a week and Man City are paying the rest.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Congratulations Mr Bridge.... But what does that mean for us?

I reckon Bridgey is LOVING it at the Albion and I'm sure he will do a deal and stay another season at least.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Re: Congratulations Mr Bridge.... But what does that mean for us?

Sorry ladies but this is a little sexist.

You have a choice of playing left back for the Albion in front of a full stadium or a night with Mrs Bridge (to be) and she will be your slave for the night. What will it be?

For me it's the slave as I have socks need ironing.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Maybe the parties today?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills