Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn Rovers - chicken in a basketcase

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Blackburn caretaker manager Gary Bowyer is likely to miss two days' training this week after being summoned to India for a meeting with owners Venky's.
Managing director Derek Shaw and operations director Paul Agnew have also flown out, while global advisor Shebby Singh is already in India.
All four men will meet with Venky's chairwoman Anuradha Desai on Monday.

Blackburn's remaining games

13 April: Derby (h) 1 point

16 April: Huddersfield (h) 1 point

20 April: Watford (a) nil point

23 April: Millwall (a) nil point

27 April: Crystal Palace (h) 1point

4 May: Birmingham (a) nil point

relegation looms for the Chicken men from Bolton and won't we all larf our socks off?

TNBA

TTF

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its time they faced up to the reality that the only man for the job is Shebby Singh.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
What's going on at Blackburn? It's obvious, the owners believe in reincarnation so they're trying to kill off
Blackburn Rovers so they'll be reincarnated as a great team i.e. Brighton & Hove Albion!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Laugh at Blackburn all you like. If you do then you are all hypocrites as the same happened to us in the 90s.

Did Blackburn fans laugh at us then?

Some of you have pathetically short memories.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I like the way the Blackburn staff have to go to India for a meeting. Obviously the owners can't be bothered to come over here and sort the mess out. How did that lot ever pass the fit and proper test?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Very similar scenario to what happened to us. Been taken over by utter cowboys and being run into the ground. The fans are trying pretty hard to take a stand too but must be very difficult to go against a foe in India.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Laughing at the club itself is totally unfair as the supporters are having to put up with all this crap from the joke owners. It's the owners who have ruined the club, laugh at them.

Relegation again would probably prompt them to sell the club, which would probably be the best thing now.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Laughing at the club itself is totally unfair as the supporters are having to put up with all this crap from the joke owners. It's the owners who have ruined the club, laugh at them.

Relegation again would probably prompt them to sell the club, which would probably be the best thing now.
This. I doubt the owners want a league one side. Hopefully there is a Blackburn fan with a very large wallet who wants to buy thrm.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
I just wish these meddling foreign owners would start investing in football in their own countries instead of ruining English league clubs when none of them know anything about the history and legacies (including Shebby Singh, who would have been a Beezer Homes League player at best) , but then again I guess this is payback for English conduct during colonial times

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here