Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you been on the telly?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Seen myself and the plonkers I am with a few times in these last couple of seasons.
Today, just happened to catch Newcastle v Brighton 1979 on The Big Match.
Seconds after Wardy slips the ball under their keeper I thought ------ I know that face--------------feck me its a twenty three year old with flowing locks.
My kids haven't stopped laughing since and I believe it may go 'VIRAL' via something called Facebook.:eek:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You've been on my Rediffusion colour portable TV. I knew it!

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
yes spotted myself in the crowd a couple of times when the footie has been on TV. Though my biggest claim to fame has to be when the Meridian programme village voices done one show on Lindfield and I had a bloody TV crew following me around for a week in the lead up to bonfire night.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Was on Southern News years ago getting arrested at Southampton, my mum sitting at home saw it while having her tea. More embarrassing though I appeared on Family Fortunes when Bob Monkhouse hosted it.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Having played for Sussex Under 18s, seven of us were selected to be ball-boys in 1997 at Wembley for the World Cup Qualifier v Italy which we lost 1-0 thanks to a Zola goal. Not only did you see my little head in the tunnel on various occasions as the teams came out but I was also the first ball-boy to get a touch - 1min 32secs as I jumped over the barrier and passed the ball to a certain Mr David Beckham.

You'll also be pleased to know that for Worthing Schools our cup final against Croydon Schools finished with a 3-0 win and was live on LIVE TV (Remember that...?!) I scored the third and then headed down to the Goldstone for our final home game against Donny - a memorable day all round.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Must get a screen shot of the Albion end at St James Park for a closer look because I must be in there somewhere just left of the goal. Not sure I'd recognise a slimline version of myself with a full head of hair. Wasn't one of our better performances but we were on a roll and the goals just came. What a great day that was.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was once on Floyd on Fish, dont want to speak ill of the dead, but he was a real tosspot

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Must get a screen shot of the Albion end at St James Park for a closer look because I must be in there somewhere just left of the goal. Not sure I'd recognise a slimline version of myself with a full head of hair. Wasn't one of our better performances but we were on a roll and the goals just came. What a great day that was.

Our lot were on the right of the goal right next to an orange metal fence-----I've replayed it over and over :blush: ------- I'm a sad git :wink:

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
I was filmed a couple of months ago for a new series of Four Rooms on Channel 4, thats supposed to be shown in the next couple of months. I was on there potentially selling my signed Paul Weller Lambretta (hence the name & profile pic!) Stupidly long day but worth it for a laugh.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Was on You Bet!
Me and a friend wound in a 7and a half tonne truck with fishing rods...:)

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Yep, i was queuing outside the AmEx for a book signing last season when i got a tap on the shoulder and was asked my thoughts on drawing Liverpool at home in the cup. This went out on BBC that same evening and i missed it. But being a bit vane i actually recorded it and actually surprised myself in how i came across. Was also filmed in the Fiddlers Elbow with work colleagues one Friday night singing Thats Amore, the Zamora version, and this was shown the following day on ITV.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
We were in 1901 Saturday (what a piss up) :drink: and Andy Rollings chatted with us for a while about The Big Match games.
He looks like my dad now :laugh: but don't think he's much older than me (56)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Under unfortunate circumstances I ended up being interviewed on south today news after seeing the plane crash & pilot die on Adur rec 4th July 2011

Also when I got out of a Spanish jail in 87 uncannily 4th July again Meridian news came to our house to interview me the interviewer wAs Gary Cotterill who now works for sky sports as a reporter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here