Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Start Of New Season

el punal

Does anyone know the date of the start of next season's league fixtures? I have unfortunately (timing wise) go to go on holiday with the good lady wife from Thurs.8th Aug. to Thurs.15th Aug. So, in real terms I'm hoping that I will only miss one game (Sat.10th Aug).

I do understand that the fixtures won't be out until late June but if anyone has any info. regarding the first weekend of Championship matches, or dare I hope, Premier League games please let me know.

Oh and by the way, my wife is a teacher so it's August or nowt! :shrug:

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
The Football League has confirmed that next season will kick-off on August 3.

The decision to start the 2013/14 season slightly earlier than usual follows a ballot of clubs, with a clear majority in all three divisions preferring the chosen date as it delivers an additional Saturday match.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
As Pride is scheduled for August 3rd (I think), I presume we would request an away game on August 3rd if we are still in The Championship?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I know. Tried that one - grandson's birthday beginning of August and not allowed to miss on pain of vital organs being removed! :eek:

You'll have to take him with you then.

:thumbsup:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
August 3rd seems a bit early. Got a wedding to go to on 17th August and funnily enough watching The Wedding Present on 24th. Some early Friday night/ Sunday lunchtime kick offs would be appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here