Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Coach Pub Shoreham

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Any truth that this is going to be a Harvester ?
Is that the one by the roundabout on the A259 with the little track to Shoreham Airport and the road to Shoreham Beach? Drove past it on Saturday and it looked to me like it was being turned into housing.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Is that the one by the roundabout on the A259 with the little track to Shoreham Airport and the road to Shoreham Beach? Drove past it on Saturday and it looked to me like it was being turned into housing.

Yes that's the one
Not turning into housing but a new pub/restaurant been told it's gonna be a sizzler, apparently an upmarket KFC

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
Yes that's the one
Not turning into housing but a new pub/restaurant been told it's gonna be a sizzler, apparently an upmarket KFC

Good to hear. I HATE it when pubs get turned into houses.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Good to hear. I HATE it when pubs get turned into houses.

So am I, living in shoreham/Southwick for many years it's a shame we've lost Green jacket ( now mini Tescos) The Windmill (now housing) The Morning star ( housing) The Hebe (housing) The Burrels,although not a great loss (restaurant)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So am I, living in shoreham/Southwick for many years it's a shame we've lost Green jacket ( now mini Tescos) The Windmill (now housing) The Morning star ( housing) The Hebe (housing) The Burrels,although not a great loss (restaurant)

Losing the Hebe is going back rather a long way - though I remember it, just about. What about the Kings Head ?

Definitely a Marstons Gastro pub. Like Pitcher and Piano but with the emphasis a bit more foodie that bar-ie.

Should be open in June.

Top Tip: Buy 85 shares in Marstons (currently £1.35 ea) and it will entitle you to 20% off food and accommodation.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
going to be a cheap 2-4-1 pub,crap cheap food,needs to serve 4000 covers a week

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, the Hebe, as Dicky says you ARE going back a long way! I drank there occasionally when I was 15/16 (back in the good old days when a blind eye was turned and consequently teenagers didn't binge drink). Probably the first pub I know that closed and was knocked down. The old Radio One DJ, Annie Nightingale, also used to drink in there.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Blimey, the Hebe, as Dicky says you ARE going back a long way! I drank there occasionally when I was 15/16 (back in the good old days when a blind eye was turned and consequently teenagers didn't binge drink). Probably the first pub I know that closed and was knocked down. The old Radio One DJ, Annie Nightingale, also used to drink in there.

I think I went in there once, maybe around my 18th. I didn't know Ms Nightingale drank in there, did she live in Shoreham, I thought she was Brighton. Of course, Peter Ward lived a few hundred yards away round about that time, in Greenacres.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing

Yes the same her must have been about the same time. I remember the upstairs function room went to a couple of parties there, had a funny serving hatch type thing which was the bar. It wasn't actually knocked down when it closed though, converted to flats i think.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yes the same her must have been about the same time. I remember the upstairs function room went to a couple of parties there, had a funny serving hatch type thing which was the bar. It wasn't actually knocked down when it closed though, converted to flats i think.

Indeed, the outside is the same as ever I think, just painted. Converted to flats inside.

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
I think I went in there once, maybe around my 18th. I didn't know Ms Nightingale drank in there, did she live in Shoreham, I thought she was Brighton. Of course, Peter Ward lived a few hundred yards away round about that time, in Greenacres.
He did live round there yes. Not sure where Ms Nightingale lived but I remember her beng pointed out to me once and then seeing her again on another occasion. She was a staunch Albion fan back in the day (always used to bang on about it on her radio show), not sure if she subsequently 'lost interest' - mind you, she wouldn't have been the only one when you look at how our crowds declined!

I stand corrected on the 'knocked down' bit. Yeah I went to a couple of parties there as well, can't remember when or why!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Went pass today and the sign up now its a Marstons pub.

That is on our regular cycle route to the beach. If it is Marstons it will get our business on the way back. Although The Red Lion does take some beating.

The best thing about the pub as it was - was the Fawlty Towers style re-rewording on the sign at the Lancing side of the building "HOARY SOTE" etc.

As I said 2 weeks ago...........................

Definitely a Marstons Gastro pub. Like Pitcher and Piano but with the emphasis a bit more foodie that bar-ie.

Should be open in June.

Top Tip: Buy 85 shares in Marstons (currently £1.35 ea) and it will entitle you to 20% off food and accommodation.

To add - this is going to feature Marston's 2 for 1 menu. And the shares do work. I got my discount card through today!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here