Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre Match - Good Old Sussex By The Sea

Sussex_Martlet

Feb 12, 2012
Other teams do it with there pre match song ie Forest And Liverpool and its really effective.
When the teams come out have the music to Good Old Sussex by the Sea playing, as currently,
but when they shake hands turn the music off and let the crowd sing the rest of the song at full blast!
Should get the place going and from my experiance is quite intimidating :albion2: :amex:

First thread not to much abuse please!!!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Good idea, half way through GOSBTS is when everyone seems to get the clapping in time and the singing starts too, cut the music at that moment would be great, might get it sung at the right speed then as well

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Wsu always seems to be belting this out but on tv it just sounds like a few clapping at best

IMO lets not start copying other teams as before you know it we will have goal music

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The pathological inability of the Brighton fans to sing their own anthem with any sense of pride and passion (let alone not knowing the words) will always be its undoing.

Instead it gets spat out as if Motorhead had written it.

I actually hate the rendition the (majority of the) fans give it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The pathological inability of the Brighton fans to sing their own anthem with any sense of pride and passion (let alone not knowing the words) will always be its undoing.

Instead it gets spat out as if Motorhead had written it.

I actually hate the rendition the (majority of the) fans give it.

There is a small but growing number who sing it properly at every home game around me now. They seem to be growing in confidence as well so hopefully in time we'll get a decent rendition! Better late than never!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Great, another person that doesn't know the music title.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Having heard it at Forest I thought the same really. Not sure how it would sound but certainly worth a trial I'd say.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Liverpool don't do it. They play the whole song and everyone joins in. Don't see why the music means people can't sing - especially as it's instrumental. And it actually means people sing it at the proper speed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here