Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

anything to read into Poyet's lack of press conferences?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
the only time in the past few weeks he said anything was after forest game and he sounded plssed with the interviewer......is there anything going on?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wondered aboit this myself, but doubt we'll get the actual reason on here.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Someone did post something interesting about this last week. To paraphrase (probably incorrectly) the club were getting tired of Sky turning up and just asking questions about Chelsea, therefore they started putting Tanno or Charlie up for the press conferences if Sky were in attendance.

Not sure how true/correct this is - but I have definitely read something to this effect on NSC.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It was great seeing him as a pundit on ITV the other night.

It'd be great if I could actually see him in his role as Brighton manager before/after games..

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Probably pissed off with being asked repeatedly about chelsea, then answer the question, and then being accused of 'touting himself around' by tinpot journos and bellends with unfortunate access to a keyboard but no such access to cognitive thought.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
He'd nipped off to Haskins to spend his draw bonus vouchers I'd heard

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
To be honest I don’t think it’s paranoid to suggest that for the last few weeks he’s hasn’t looked exactly thrilled to be here and avoiding post match interviews doesnt change my opinion on this.

Also his body language on Saturday wasn’t one of a content manager in one of the biggest games of his management career, for large periods of the game he looked disinterested.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be honest I don’t think it’s paranoid to suggest that for the last few weeks he’s hasn’t looked exactly thrilled to be here and avoiding post match interviews doesnt change my opinion on this.

Also his body language on Saturday wasn’t one of a content manager in one of the biggest games of his management career, for large periods of the game he looked disinterested.

Agree. Maybe nothing, or maybe something is amiss, and the 'doesn't want to talk about Chelsea' line is smokescreen and spin.

I'm sure we'll find out by the end of May.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Gus came out and spoke after the Leicester game. Seemed like his normal chatty self and even did an extra piece with me for the Monday papers. All the stuff he said about FFP was from him - I didn't even have to ask the question.

It is now or never for Premier League promotion, says Brighton manager Gus Poyet - Football League - Football - The Independent

I think it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to talk immediately after the Reading story blew up and anyone who thought he would is being a little naive about the way media are handled at clubs these days.

And if you read further down, it's nice to hear about the wonderful team spirit at that club up the road ...

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Might it just be that he has other matters to deal with that he considers higher priority? What's wrong with delegating to a deputy, so he can spend more time eg researching the players he'd want next season (so that he can try to get them in in time for pre-season, as he's said is his preference many a time).

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Might it just be that he has other matters to deal with that he considers higher priority? What's wrong with delegating to a deputy, so he can spend more time eg researching the players he'd want next season (so that he can try to get them in in time for pre-season, as he's said is his preference many a time).

are you saying a two minute chat after a game while players are getting changed gets in the way of his day to day role? rubbish.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here