Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 man midfield for Middlesbrough

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It's looking likely that Buckley & Lua Lua could be missing from Saturday's game both with hamstring injuries so a strong 5 man midfield looks likely
BRIDCUTT
HAMMOND
ORLANDI
LOPEZ
VICENTE
With Ulloa up top, maybe away from home this would be a good formation anyway especially with Vicente playing a free role behind Ulloa, just a bit worrying now that we'll have no game changers to come off the bench, Barnes 7 match suspension is looking even more annoying now, at least he'll be back for the last 2 games and he owes us big time so all could work out in the end ( sorry am I rambling now :bla:)
:albion2:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Two horrible results from our play-off push in 90/91 that I hope we'll not repeat:

Loss: Sat 6th April Vs Leicester 3-0. Avoided!
Loss: Sat 4th May Vs Middlesbrough 2-0

A draw may well suffice (again) looking at the fixtures of Forest, Leicester & Bolton.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Two horrible results from our play-off push in 90/91 that I hope we'll not repeat:

Loss: Sat 6th April Vs Leicester 3-0. Avoided!
Loss: Sat 4th May Vs Middlesbrough 2-0

A draw may well suffice (again) looking at the fixtures of Forest, Leicester & Bolton.

Was thinking the same a draw wouldn't be a bad result even if Bolton & Leicester both win all three of us would be on 63 points but then Leicester play Bolton on Tuesday and a win At Peterborough could put us above them both again with only 3 games left to play and with Leicester playing Palace, Watford & Forest, think it could be then either us or Bolton

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think we'll line up as you say, but Lua Lua will be fit enough to play a 30 minute cameo at the end should we need to grab a goal.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It's looking likely that Buckley & Lua Lua could be missing from Saturday's game both with hamstring injuries so a strong 5 man midfield looks likely
BRIDCUTT
HAMMOND
ORLANDI
LOPEZ
VICENTE
With Ulloa up top, maybe away from home this would be a good formation anyway especially with Vicente playing a free role behind Ulloa, just a bit worrying now that we'll have no game changers to come off the bench, Barnes 7 match suspension is looking even more annoying now, at least he'll be back for the last 2 games and he owes us big time so all could work out in the end ( sorry am I rambling now :bla:)
:albion2:

Thought Barnes was available for the last three games?

Red card v Bolton.

Suspended v:

Barnsley
Crystal Palace
Nottingham Forest
Charlton
Leicester

Jimmy Grimble

Need someone with pace on the pitch away from home. If neither are fit (and I suspect Vicente won't be either) then I'd be tempted to throw Solly March in.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Vicente was another level when he came on against Leicester. For all of LuaLuas huff and puff, Vicente showed you don't need speed to be devastating. He ran them ragged and created a host of chances. I actually think LuaLua had a pretty crap game until he popped up with a vital goal!

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was thinking the same a draw wouldn't be a bad result even if Bolton & Leicester both win all three of us would be on 63 points but then Leicester play Bolton on Tuesday and a win At Peterborough could put us above them both again with only 3 games left to play and with Leicester playing Palace, Watford & Forest, think it could be then either us or Bolton

It could be argued that Peterbro is the harder game ..fighting at the bottom ..recent win over Cardiff .. Win ugly at Boro then really a loss at Peterbro wouldn't b a disaster

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Vicente was another level when he came on about Leicester. For all of LuaLuas huff and puff, Vicente showed you don't need speed to be devastating. He ran them ragged and created a host of chances. I actually think LuaLua had a pretty crap game until he popped up with a vital goal!

Never ceases to amaze me how we all can see things differently ..for me Lua Lua seemed our only threat until Vicente came on ..who's to say either of us is right :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Need someone with pace on the pitch away from home. If neither are fit (and I suspect Vicente won't be either) then I'd be tempted to throw Solly March in.

He was sent off in last week's SSC semi final. Would a suspension from that prevent him playing for the first team?
I would think that in extremis and with limited attacking options either he or Dickenson could be in for a place on the bench if Gus was prepared to take a chance.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It could be argued that Peterbro is the harder game ..fighting at the bottom ..recent win over Cardiff .. Win ugly at Boro then really a loss at Peterbro wouldn't b a disaster

I'd be happy with 3 points from those 2 away games
I'd be over the moon with 4 points
And running through hoops of fire with 6
0 points and I'd be:tantrum: :cry:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here