Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: Three wins to make the play-offs [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Poyet: Three wins to make the play-offs[/h] 9:00am Monday 8th April 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2399073.jpg
Will Buckley goes off injured
GUS Poyet has set Albion a target of three wins from their last five games to secure a play-off spot.
But the manager is sweating on the Seagulls not being hamstrung by injuries to wingers Will Buckley and Kazenga LuaLua.
Buckley lasted only 11 minutes of the 1-1 draw against play-off rivals Leicester City at The Amex, due to a recurrence of hamstring trouble.
LuaLua finished the match also suffering from a hamstring injury after replacing Buckley and firing Albion’s equaliser two minutes from time.
That was enough to keep the Seagulls in sixth place, two points above Leicester and Bolton who, along with Hull, were the only winners in the top ten.
Poyet said: “I think we need to win three from five. That would be a good number and make sure the ones behind need to win four. We have got a good goal difference as well. It’s in our hands.
“I don’t think we can blame anyone if we don’t finish sixth. Then, if we don’t finish sixth because we lose another four players on Saturday (at Middlesbrough) and then another three, God up there doesn’t want us to go up! Fair enough, we’ll take it. But at the moment we’ve got it in our hands, even without Buckley and we need to see with LuaLua. We need to sort it out.”
Albion have now drawn their last three matches after LuaLua’s shot cancelled out Matty James’ second half goal for Leicester. Poyet said: “I think it’s going to go to the last game and we have got plenty of games to play and everybody is involved and playing each other.
“It’s up to us to get more points than Leicester and Bolton. If we do that we are going to be in the top six and if we don’t it will be because of our own failure.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here