Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train- post Leicester

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
I am always seeing on here posts about early leavers/transport to and from Falmer.

Well I'd just like to say how great it was yesterday, credit where due etc. I left at the final whistle, walked, not ran, to the station, and was on the 17.01 train to Lewes. No problems. So I was in Lewes by 17.10.

There were more than 28,000 in the ground yesterday, so I feel the club and Southern rail did a great job, does make me really wonder what all the panic and fuss about leaving early is, especially on a 3pm KO

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have never not made the 17:16 direct to Brighton when a 15:00 Saturday KO.

There are no transport issues at all

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have never not made the 17:16 direct to Brighton when a 15:00 Saturday KO.

There are no transport issues at all

I have left the ground at various times after the final whistle, including immediately after, and the most I have ever had to wait is 10-15 mins before I am on a train which is fine. I can only presume that folk who complain have an unrealistic expectation that they should be able to breeze straight onto a carriage and anything else is failure.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have left the ground at various times after the final whistle, including immediately after, and the most I have ever had to wait is 10-15 mins before I am on a train which is fine. I can only presume that folk who complain have an unrealistic expectation that they should be able to breeze straight onto a carriage and anything else is failure.

I think that is the main issue, when a crowd of up to 28,000 people leaves at roughly the same time there will inevitably be so queuing to be done.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
......... as long as you dont park on Bennetts Field :lolol:

True.
God they look fed up in a queue going nowhere fast, every game, from what we can see from the park n ride buses.
Spending all that money on top of the range Audi's, and having to give way to the masses.

I am always seeing on here posts about early leavers/transport to and from Falmer.

Well I'd just like to say how great it was yesterday, credit where due etc. I left at the final whistle, walked, not ran, to the station, and was on the 17.01 train to Lewes. No problems. So I was in Lewes by 17.10.

There were more than 28,000 in the ground yesterday, so I feel the club and Southern rail did a great job, does make me really wonder what all the panic and fuss about leaving early is, especially on a 3pm KO
:facepalm:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Early leavers ? Nah u been dreaming

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012

Thought it was just me!! We never leave early, always clap the guys off good or bad and yesterday made the first train??

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Thought it was just me!! We never leave early, always clap the guys off good or bad and yesterday made the first train??

Because of loads staying behind to watch the Grand National I reckon.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009

Exactly! Any large venue, you anticipate delays upon leaving and some football grounds are a right pain (eg Reading) yet many people on here are constantly moaning as the club haven't installed a mass teleportation system unlike most other clubs, and we are enduring a 5-10 min wait for trains

el punal

True.
God they look fed up in a queue going nowhere fast, every game, from what we can see from the park n ride buses.
Spending all that money on top of the range Audi's, and having to give way to the masses.

On Tuesday night even before the final whistle, against Charlton, from my seat in the West Stand Upper you could see a whole procession of tail lights leaving the car park. It begs the question - what time do these people leave a match? 80 minutes? 75 minutes? Half-time!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here