Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Wrestlemania XXIX Thread

Know there are a fair few of us wrestling fans out there, but haven't seen a thread about this yet so will start one for all of the Mania chat with the big event just under 5 hours away.

(For those who are part of the "it's fake" brigade, please stay away- you think we don't all already know it's scripted!)

Here's tonights card, and I've highlighted who I think will win the matches tonight

WWE Title Match:
-The Rock (c) vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Title Match:
-Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger (Dolph Ziggler to cash in the MITB contract after the match and win the title)

No Holds Barred Match with Triple H's Career On The Line:
-Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H with Shawn Michaels in Triple H's corner

-CM Punk vs. The Undertaker

WWE Tag Team Title Match:
-Team Hell No (c's) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston

-Sheamus, Big Show and Randy Orton vs. The Shield

-Ryback vs. Mark Henry

-Fandango vs. Chris Jericho

-Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi vs. Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and The Bella Twins (toilet break)

Pre-Show WWE Intercontinental Title Match:
-The Miz vs. Wade Barrett

I've also written an in-depth blog into my choices and why I've gone for them here if anyone wants a gander at it:
http://sportingramblings.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/wrestlemania-29-predictions/

Is everyone looking forward to tonights proceedings despite a lacklustre build-up to the proceedings? And will anyone else be joining me at Wahoo in Brighton city centre to watch the grandaddy of 'em all?

Last edited:

You think Cena will beat Rock??
Agree with 'taker, can't seen him losing to Punk, also a fair shout about MITB!

Yep, Last year my thinking was "Heart says Rock, head says Cena" and was absolutely chuffed Rock went over.However as he's so busy in Hollywood it's a cert he won't be around for long past tonight, and am sure Cena was told that by putting Rock over clean last year he would even the score at this years event to set up the third encounter in the future, probably at either Summerslam or Wrestlemania XXX in New Orleans next year. Wrestling logic 101 :thumbsup:

I've been wanting DZ to cash in for a while now, and if it's true they are planning to push him, Big E and AJ Lee big after Mania then stealing the show and two titles on the night is the best way to set it up.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Yep, Last year my thinking was "Heart says Rock, head says Cena" and was absolutely chuffed Rock went over.However as he's so busy in Hollywood it's a cert he won't be around for long past tonight, and am sure Cena was told that by putting Rock over clean last year he would even the score at this years event to set up the third encounter in the future, probably at either Summerslam or Wrestlemania XXX in New Orleans next year. Wrestling logic 101 :thumbsup:

I've been wanting DZ to cash in for a while now, and if it's true they are planning to push him, Big E and AJ Lee big after Mania then stealing the show and two titles on the night is the best way to set it up.

I know your logic seems perfect but my heart will not let Rock lose, I just hope it's an epic, and I think they will get the recognition they deserve after the match.

I know your logic seems perfect but my heart will not let Rock lose, I just hope it's an epic, and I think they will get the recognition they deserve after the match.

Fair enough. Personally think Punk-Taker will steal the show. Going to be very hard for them to top last year and can see it falling flat tbh. Cena needs freshening up and a heel turn would be perfect right now, but unlikely to happen whilst he's raking in all the money from the kiddies and their parents

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you pay for this can you record it as well ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My Predictions:

The Rock vs. John Cena - Rock won last year, Cena will win this year.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger - Swagger to win, setting up some kind of stipulation rematch at Extreme Rules.

Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H - Lesnar beat HHH last time, so logic says HHH wins this time. I think we might see a surprise though, with Lesnar winning and then heading into a feud with Cena.

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker - 21-0.

Kane & Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph & Big E - Kane and Bryan to win, Ziggler and Big E to split up afterwards so that Ziggler can move into main events without being stuck with a useless charisma vacuum sidekick.

Sheamus, Big Show & Orton vs. The Shield - Shield win with Orton turning on the others.

Ryback vs. Mark Henry - Ryback to win, hopefully without knackering himself hitting Shell Shocked on the useless lump.

Fandango vs. Chris Jericho - Fandango will win in a complete and utter waste of both time and Jericho's talents.

Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi vs. Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and The Bella Twins - no-one cares either way.

The Miz vs. Wade Barrett - Miz

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Really looking forward to it, my 27th Mania I've watched live or as live in some years.

Looking forward to the big 3 matches, Triple H v Brock Lesnar should be a violent brawl, Undertaker v Punk should be a cracker and Cena v Rock must have some kind of swerve as a Cena victory is too obvious and the New York crowd will boo Cena out of the place.

Don't forget the pre show at 11pm on You Tube

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Scary for me to think that it's 9 years since I went to WrestleMania XX, and 8 since I went to WMXXI. How time flies...

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
WWE Title Match:
-The Rock (c) vs. John Cena - i think winner will be Cena but with Rock reporting to work the Extreme Rules PPV they could always have him lose there

World Heavyweight Title Match:
-Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger - ADR wins (Dolph Ziggler to cash in the MITB contract after the match and win the title)

No Holds Barred Match with Triple H's Career On The Line:
-Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H with Shawn Michaels in Triple H's corner - Triple H wins

-CM Punk vs. The Undertaker - Undertaker to go to 21-0

WWE Tag Team Title Match:
-Team Hell No (c's) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston - Team Hell No

-Sheamus, Big Show and Randy Orton vs. The Shield - The Shield (Randy Orton turns heel and RKO's Sheamus

-Ryback vs. Mark Henry - Ryback

-Fandango vs. Chris Jericho - Fandango or FaaaaaanDaaaaaaanGoooooooo (Let the A's breathe!)

-Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi vs. Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and The Bella Twins (toilet break) = Tons of Funk and the Funkadactyals

Pre-Show WWE Intercontinental Title Match:
-The Miz vs. Wade Barrett - The Miz

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
Triple H Vs Brock Lesnar - i really want Lesnar to win due to Shawn Michaels costing Triple H the win.. therefore summerslam they could have Triple H 'reinstated' for one night to fight HBK and Brock carries on being a monster and goes to fight for the WWE championship (it's rumored possibly The Rock at summerslam)

otherwise it looks like Cena, Undertaker, The Shield, Ryback, Fandango to win, shame the unpredictable natural of the WWE has gone these days!!!

Will Dolph cash in the money in the bank?? maybe but if he does he should have been pushed prior to Wrestlemania and though ADR title reign has been very stale i can't see that Dolph will be much different (hes very good in the ring but has suffered from a lack of any character development).

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Triple H Vs Brock Lesnar - i really want Lesnar to win due to Shawn Michaels costing Triple H the win.. therefore summerslam they could have Triple H 'reinstated' for one night to fight HBK and Brock carries on being a monster and goes to fight for the WWE championship (it's rumored possibly The Rock at summerslam)

otherwise it looks like Cena, Undertaker, The Shield, Ryback, Fandango to win, shame the unpredictable natural of the WWE has gone these days!!!

Will Dolph cash in the money in the bank?? maybe but if he does he should have been pushed prior to Wrestlemania and though ADR title reign has been very stale i can't see that Dolph will be much different (hes very good in the ring but has suffered from a lack of any character development).

Everyone seems to forget that HBK is retired from in-ring competition, unless they do the "unsanctioned" match like they did at Summerslam years ago but i cant see it happening

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
Everyone seems to forget that HBK is retired from in-ring competition, unless they do the "unsanctioned" match like they did at Summerslam years ago but i cant see it happening

He is but then do wrestlers ever really retire? wrestling is in his blood, he's done it for 25 years, look at wrestlemania 14 when he left for 4 years with the back injury and was retired to the point he had claimed his insurance pay out etc yet he gave it back to return. Mick Foley, Ric Flair etc they can't seem to ever truly stop wrestling can they.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
He is but then do wrestlers ever really retire? wrestling is in his blood, he's done it for 25 years, look at wrestlemania 14 when he left for 4 years with the back injury and was retired to the point he had claimed his insurance pay out etc yet he gave it back to return. Mick Foley, Ric Flair etc they can't seem to ever truly stop wrestling can they.

True but HBK has always said once he proper retires then that is it, obv he comes back and does things like this but cant ever see him having another match

Windows

Feb 8, 2013
Hove
Can't wait for this PPV.

With the pre-show, it's 5 hours in total!!

I've got a pile of goodies all lined up to munch on during the event, the volume will be turned up nice & loud via 7.1 channels, the lights will be turned off for effect and life stops for these few hours. :cool:

It's all about any potential surprises that have been rumoured, whether heel turns by any one of several stars, or names from the past coming back to WWE etc...

Personally, the one I'm quietly hoping for the most is for the return of Kharma during the Divas title match.

Regardless, tomorrows RAW will be great, because they always use the first RAW after Wrestlemania to debut lots of new superstars (From memory, this was when Ryback & Damian Sandow debuted last year)

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Can't wait for this PPV.

With the pre-show, it's 5 hours in total!!

I've got a pile of goodies all lined up to munch on during the event, the volume will be turned up nice & loud via 7.1 channels, the lights will be turned off for effect and life stops for these few hours. :cool:

It's all about any potential surprises that have been rumoured, whether heel turns by any one of several stars, or names from the past coming back to WWE etc...

Personally, the one I'm quietly hoping for the most is for the return of Kharma during the Divas title match.

Regardless, tomorrows RAW will be great, because they always use the first RAW after Wrestlemania to debut lots of new superstars (From memory, this was when Ryback & Damian Sandow debuted last year)

I cant see any returns happening on WrestleMania tonight but i would hope for at least 1 big heel turn tonight weather its Cena or Orton

as you said, normally the RAW after WM they debut/return stars

I could see the Wyatt Family being called up from NXT, also Paige and Ohno

Returns i have heard could happen is Batista and Rob Van Dam

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here