Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester ready to pose Albion a play-off threat [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Leicester ready to pose Albion a play-off threat[/h]2:00pm Sunday 7th April 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
Leicester boss Nigel Pearson has warned his side will start winning in the quest for a play-off place.
But he felt they could have grabbed that victory by beating Albion at The Amex.
The Foxes can leapfrog Albion by winning at home to Birmingham on Friday.
They have not won in eight matches but it took an 88th-minute Kazenga LuaLua strike to deny them yesterday.
Pearson said: “We need to start winning our games but, if we show that same sort of desire and application, I have no doubt we will get back to winning ways.
“We have played well and had good results for the vast majority of the season.
“We have had – and are still experiencing – a difficult spell. Whenever that happens, if you are a manager you are going to come under pressure and have to take come criticism.
“It is an important part of the season. We have got five games in which to do enough ourselves regardless of what any other side does.”
Pearson was pleased with his side’s performance at The Amex.
He added: “I think we were the better side. They will be happier with the point I’m sure.
“But there is no point bemoaning the fact we conceded at the end.
“The concentration levels were good. We probably came unstuck to their biggest threat today (LuaLua).”
Albion retain a two-point lead over Leicester in the quest for the final play-off berth but have only won one of their last seven matches.
Pearson said: “These games are tough for everybody.
“Don’t assume that, because we are under the cosh at the minute, everyone else is finding it easy. I don’t think that is the case at all.
“It is about keeping your nerve.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here