Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAN ZONE - Get it sorted

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm Upper East. Been a North Stander in the old days, now rather sit in my older years. But still stand and cheer when the atmosphere is generated. As a businessman I know that the club need us to spend spend spend pre-match and so if we all take our seats as the teams walk out the tills are jangling loudly.
But against Leicester there was NO fan zone on the screens again, just adverts. Fan zone is announced by Richard as the point to get started, "It's FAN ZONE time", and the crowd get started watching for the cameras. But nothing! The music is on but no reason to be stupid and jump around. Hey Jude at the end was a limp excuse for a pop song. And it just went downhill from there. Outshouted by the opposition. No "we're the North Stand" for us to reply to. And at half time what do we talk about, DEATH! (forgive me as I am a donor and support the cause) but talking about death! We need to generate an atmosphere at the Amex and whilst the fans are the source, it is down to the DJ/ announcer and camera staff to give us a push.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
When a home match is televised, Brighton do not have the use of the live feed pre match as this is controlled by whoever the broadcaster.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Fan Zone worked really well at the start of The Amex but yes, it does need a revamp of some sort at the moment.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I like Fanzone - mainly because my little boy loves it.

That said, a change might be fun. How about CRAPFANZONE where the cameras focus in on all those leaving early? :fishing:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe they could just simulate Fanzone by showing a compilation of Fanzone clips from previous games. Hardly anyone would notice.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
When a home match is televised, Brighton do not have the use of the live feed pre match as this is controlled by whoever the broadcaster.
Don't understand. The cameras belong to BHA. The one used to show Richard on the pitch reading the team news at 14:30 cant be used at 14:45 to show the fans? Maybe I do understand though. The broadcaster needs the cameras from 14:45 when they go 'live'. What about half time? The donate family were on screen.
No, I believe it is purely to sell adverts on screen.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Honestly, I would rather hear about something like organ donation at half time which could save some lives than some crap manufactured atmosphere creating clip or two.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Don't understand. The cameras belong to BHA. The one used to show Richard on the pitch reading the team news at 14:30 cant be used at 14:45 to show the fans? Maybe I do understand though. The broadcaster needs the cameras from 14:45 when they go 'live'. What about half time? The donate family were on screen.
No, I believe it is purely to sell adverts on screen.

Broadcaster has use of all cameras apart from one handheld pitch camera

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I'm Upper East. Been a North Stander in the old days, now rather sit in my older years. But still stand and cheer when the atmosphere is generated. As a businessman I know that the club need us to spend spend spend pre-match and so if we all take our seats as the teams walk out the tills are jangling loudly.
But against Leicester there was NO fan zone on the screens again, just adverts. Fan zone is announced by Richard as the point to get started, "It's FAN ZONE time", and the crowd get started watching for the cameras. But nothing! The music is on but no reason to be stupid and jump around. Hey Jude at the end was a limp excuse for a pop song. And it just went downhill from there. Outshouted by the opposition. No "we're the North Stand" for us to reply to. And at half time what do we talk about, DEATH! (forgive me as I am a donor and support the cause) but talking about death! We need to generate an atmosphere at the Amex and whilst the fans are the source, it is down to the DJ/ announcer and camera staff to give us a push.

When TV is broadcasting from the ground they have control of all but one camera. There are several commitments that the broadcasters need- 2-5 mins of a wide angle, pre match pieces to camera etc.

Thus fanzone can't happen.munless you want to see aside angle of the north stand.

The lack of atmosphere yesterday wasmduemto nerves and a lethargic performance. Fanzone, and ht chat have nothing to with it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here