Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa again

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't know if it has been mentioned but has anybody noticed how good Ulloa is at working the line and unlike Murray CMS etc is very rarely flagged for offside. Another plus is that he lays the ball off around the centre circle and immediately goes to the penalty box to make himself available for the return of the ball. Very good play and very intelligent play.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Such incisiveness for a Sunday morning

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He even made a couple of Murray-esque clearing headers yesterday when we were under pressure. Although it didn't happen for him yesterday, nobody can fault his sheer work rate.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He even made a couple of Murray-esque clearing headers yesterday when we were under pressure. Although it didn't happen for him yesterday, nobody can fault his sheer work rate.

I like the fact that he comes back and lends a hand but shouldn't our defenders be doing this job and Ulloa keeping himself in the best possible shape? I can only imagine the disaster of Ulloa getting injured or suspended :eek:

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Don't know if it has been mentioned but has anybody noticed how good Ulloa is at working the line and unlike Murray CMS etc is very rarely flagged for offside. Another plus is that he lays the ball off around the centre circle and immediately goes to the penalty box to make himself available for the return of the ball. Very good play and very intelligent play.

thats something that I too have noticed he does every game.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
With every game Ulloa is looking more and more a great team player.

My only real concern is that at times he is dropping into midfield to pick up the ball and playing one up front this means we need a midfielder to push on. On a couple of occassions are most advanced player was Hammond.

Dec 29, 2011
Best passer of the ball at the club? I haven't seen a cross that hasn't been excellent yet, if he could play upfront with another striker that can win headers we could utilize this. He's the best CF I've seen in the Championship I think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It justifies Gus in his aim to bring him in and let Murray go but having said that nobody even his staunchest fans on here expected GM to score 30 goals this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Instead of starting the thread 'Ulloa again' why not say 'Ulloa Ulloa'?
Or alternatively join it up with one of the other Ulloa threads, that you obvious know exist!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I like the way he seems to enjoy playing and often has a smile on his face. His dive just before KLL scored was laughable though :lol:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Saturday he didn't have a good game if I'm honest, he has been class for us so far, he must've been tired.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Do you have any thoughts on George Barkers performance ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
With every game Ulloa is looking more and more a great team player.

My only real concern is that at times he is dropping into midfield to pick up the ball and playing one up front this means we need a midfielder to push on. On a couple of occassions are most advanced player was Hammond.

Yep, we lost our shape a few times yesterday and he is starting to come looking for it a bit, which is the slippery slope CMS fell down.

Also his miss was disappointing. On target would have equalled a goal. Superb at staying onside and obviously a top class player at this level.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Yep, we lost our shape a few times yesterday and he is starting to come looking for it a bit, which is the slippery slope CMS fell down.

Also his miss was disappointing. On target would have equalled a goal. Superb at staying onside and obviously a top class player at this level.

And his work rate can't be faulted but for me he shouldn't be chasing the ball in our half, he should be saving his energy for when it matters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here