Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Hamstring again ?
Everytime the lad gets fit and starts getting better the same injury keeps coming back he obviously has a real problem in this area a bit like Michael Owen which really ended his career short and his main asset of Pace a little bit like Buckley
For 2 seasons running I think he's been out 5/6 times through hamstring problems come on physio & docs do your job and get him fit certainly gonna miss him in the run as were already running out of options, does anyone know how long he's likely to be out for this time hamstring usually takes around 3 weeks

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hamstring again ?
Everytime the lad gets fit and starts getting better the same injury keeps coming back he obviously has a real problem in this area a bit like Michael Owen which really ended his career short and his main asset of Pace a little bit like Buckley
For 2 seasons running I think he's been out 5/6 times through hamstring problems come on physio & docs do your job and get him fit certainly gonna miss him in the run as were already running out of options, does anyone know how long he's likely to be out for this time hamstring usually takes around 3 weeks

Morning soppy....oatway said in post match interview that the doc hadnt assessed it...cud b just a twinge and therefore not long....await update

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Cannot compare him to Owen - Owen crocked his knee and was never the same after that. I'm no doctor, but persistent hamstring problems should be easier to fix and we have a great physio and docs setup now, so hopefully they can sort him out in the close season.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Muscle tears and 'pulls' can be deceiving, not easy to rest AND stay match fit!
The end of season will help, but this lad probably needs a special regime of rest followed by strengthening, to stabilize and then protect against future problems arising.
Owen was rushed back at Lpool and they messed his career up completely.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Cannot compare him to Owen - Owen crocked his knee and was never the same after that. I'm no doctor, but persistent hamstring problems should be easier to fix and we have a great physio and docs setup now, so hopefully they can sort him out in the close season.

This, Liverpool was where Owen played his best football but it was also where his career became doomed. Overplayed at such a young age took it's toll and I'm glad to say we've been more cautious with Buckley.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Maybe he just hasn't finished growing yet? Could the medical boffins not just kit him out with stretchier hamstrings??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Poyet also said training on so many different pitches isn't helping. Uni,Amex and Withdean all completely different and weather isn't helping

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
He's been protecting it for most of the season which is why we don't see him turn the after-burners on anymore.

A shadow of his former self.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This, Liverpool was where Owen played his best football but it was also where his career became doomed. Overplayed at such a young age took it's toll and I'm glad to say we've been more cautious with Buckley.

We also have to remember that they are playing on a state of the art pitch, but are training anywhere they can, which cannot help.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Poyet also said training on so many different pitches isn't helping. Uni,Amex and Withdean all completely different and weather isn't helping

Why cant we do a deal to train on one pitch, obviously too much for The Amex but why not use Withdean, it was good enough for league games and must still have changing facilities etc.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I used to play on 'pitches' with clumps of goosegrass, manhole service plates, and assorted rubbish scattered about.
Tell this stuff about different pitches to Georgie Best or Ronaldinho.

It's down to the physio to sort out his recovery from previous issues.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I used to play on 'pitches' with clumps of goosegrass, manhole service plates, and assorted rubbish scattered about.
Tell this stuff about different pitches to Georgie Best or Ronaldinho.

It's down to the physio to sort out his recovery from previous issues.

Yeh, and I used walk 2 miles to school but that, along with your goosegrass, manhole covers and mostly assorted rubbish, has got sfa to do with Buckley's hamstrings.

Poyet - “We need to wait and see what’s going to happen with Buckley and Kazenga but it’s not a coincidence; there have been a lot of studies about this sort of thing.

“If we can train and play on the same sort of surface, with the same weather, that will help. We have had to train on really wet ground one day, the next morning it’s frozen then the next morning we are on the Amex pitch which is completely different - the players pay the price.

“Until we get to the training ground where we have two pitches similar to the Amex pitch I think it will be difficult for us.”

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

if he is susceptible to hamstring injuries he should be getting chiro/physio treatment , loads of stretching exercises , also his diet could be shyte........he was dead on his feet against forest and quite frankly hasn't looked the same player since last sept. i honestly don't know how rugby league players can back up week after week ,taking the battering they get over 80 minutes , they are straight into an ice bath after a game , seems to work wonders for them....did you know that chelsea have taken the fitness standard from the sydney swans afl club........i bet you didn't..........are we a bunch of softies...?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
if he is susceptible to hamstring injuries he should be getting chiro/physio treatment , loads of stretching exercises , also his diet could be shyte........he was dead on his feet against forest and quite frankly hasn't looked the same player since last sept. i honestly don't know how rugby league players can back up week after week ,taking the battering they get over 80 minutes , they are straight into an ice bath after a game , seems to work wonders for them....did you know that chelsea have taken the fitness standard from the sydney swans afl club........i bet you didn't..........are we a bunch of softies...?
Yes. Southern ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here