Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North west corners advice

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I am thinking about a move to the North west corner and was wondering if anybody has sat under or around the control box. What are the views and atmosphere like ? I am in the ESU at the moment and would like to get nearer the action

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I really enjoyed sitting in the north west corner. I usually sit in the west stand lower, and the north west was much more atmospheric because of being closer to the north stand singing and chanting. It was also much more sheltered on the corner, as I'm right down the front usually and exposed to the elements.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Posted this after the Charlton match:

Stood under the control box last night with my son just to see what it was like. First ten minutes was very noisy with a lot of singing in which, we joined in with the twenty odd fans. However after this it became fecking tedious. Random songs while Charlton were attacking or taking corners. Songs for songs sake in my view. At one point they were singing one song while the rest of the North were singing another.I'll give them credit for virtually 90 minutes of 'noise' but I'll stay in my East Upper seat thanks! The only time they fell silent was when the MOM was announced

Yes I am the original Grumpy Old Git - but I lose my voice on a regular basis supporting the lads but know when to give it a rest.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Stood under the control box last night with my son just to see what it was like. First ten minutes was very noisy with a lot of singing in which, we joined in with the twenty odd fans. However after this it became fecking tedious. Random songs while Charlton were attacking or taking corners. Songs for songs sake in my view. At one point they were singing one song while the rest of the North were singing anotherI'll give them credit for virtually 90 minutes of 'noise' but I'll stay in my East Upper seat thanks! The only time they fell silent was when the MOM was announced

Yes I am the original Grumpy Old Git - but I lose my voice on a regular basis supporting the lads but know when to give it a rest.

Only one thing worse than no singing....one person singing out of tune

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Stood under the control box last night with my son just to see what it was like. First ten minutes was very noisy with a lot of singing in which, we joined in with the twenty odd fans. However after this it became fecking tedious. Random songs while Charlton were attacking or taking corners. Songs for songs sake in my view. At one point they were singing one song while the rest of the North were singing another.I'll give them credit for virtually 90 minutes of 'noise' but I'll stay in my East Upper seat thanks! The only time they fell silent was when the MOM was announced

What was the view like, as next season it is likely to be a lot of STHs, so could be different fans around.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
What was the view like, as next season it is likely to be a lot of STHs, so could be different fans around.

View was fine--although obviously hard to get perspective down at the South End.
Agree about the possible change of fans next season.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I would definetly recommend it, you certainly feel closer to the action and the corners provide more chances to sample the fantastic north stand atomosphere.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

Have to agree with you there, I was sitting a bit further down from you and although I really like Ulloa, that lot's song went on for about half of the the first period! Very tedious after a while

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Managed to get sat under the police box for Chalton as thinking about moving there from ESU - although we were bang in the middle of the singers i realized 2 or 3 of them were complete numpties and weren't actually watching the game, just starting songs for the sake of it. Now the whole reason i want to move if for a better atmosphere in north but being sworn at if you don't carry on with a song into the 80th verse? i think they'll be fisty cuffs if i had to sit in front of this one particular (I'm it) bloke all season.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Managed to get sat under the police box for Chalton as thinking about moving there from ESU - although we were bang in the middle of the singers i realized 2 or 3 of them were complete numpties and weren't actually watching the game, just starting songs for the sake of it. Now the whole reason i want to move if for a better atmosphere in north but being sworn at if you don't carry on with a song into the 80th verse? i think they'll be fisty cuffs if i had to sit in front of this one particular (I'm it) bloke all season.

Your still pissed aren't you ------ too much 1901 hospitality yesterday???

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I sit in the North and yesterday they had a good lot of noise coming from the NW Corner as well as the main North Stand but as someone said its a bit disjointed at times with the singing but it will get better and it will be a good place to be next season

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Have sat there 2 games in a row. You feel disconnected from the rest of the stadium for some strange reason, the location of the police box must have a strange acoustic effect as it pretty much silences the rest of the ground.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I will not be under control box, row Q I think, we want an area with atmosphere and close to the action.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013

Can`t be many of them could not hear a thing in f block

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I have sat all over the place. This is a bit further round in the new seats. Back row WA1. Would sit there again.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Great view at the back of the NWC beneath the police box in my opinion.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can`t be many of them could not hear a thing in f block

It's the judge and a small contingent of the NSK but there really are only 20 of them if that. I don't really understand their move, would be better off leading the singing in the middle of the north stand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here