[Albion] Liz Jones

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Why the Albion shirt icon?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This bit was quite amusing though; (bearing in mind she's deaf)

"I was after a bottle of champagne, and I had my small border collie, Mini Puppy, with me. I entered the Co-op.
You’d have thought I’d boarded a plane to New York with half a ton of dynamite strapped to my waist.
‘Hang on,’ said the woman behind the till. ‘You can’t bring a dog in here.
‘She’s a hearing dog,’ I said. I could see her brain computing, and then she said: ‘Oh, that’s OK then.’
A small step for me, a big step for being non-conformist, for refusing to play by the rules, for wanting to be heard."

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
don't normally read the mail but I believe it to be serious as she says why she does

"My mum, who could not drive, nor did she own a car, once had a disabled sticker so I could take her to her GP without having to walk 60 miles from the nearest multi-storey car park.
The red tape required to get the sticker required a PhD, beaten only by the fact it had to be renewed every year, just in case she was miraculously able to walk again.
The second reason is that there are just far too many of these squares, a PC PR move by local authorities to prove they are nice people, when they’re not.
Have you ever seen seven paraplegics, all at once, at your local cinema? No.
And, thirdly, as I have been heard to mutter as I activate my central locking, ‘I am disabled.’
I’m deaf, a disability which so far has earned me no special treatment at all. I’m sick and tired, actually, of the way deaf people are treated.
People become angry that I cannot hear them, notably the ‘barista’ serving in a Costa Coffee at a service station on the A1, who said to his slow-moving colleague, when I failed to answer the inevitable, ‘Have you got a Nectar card?’ and ‘Do you want two Galaxy bars for the price of one?’, and I swear this is true: ‘She’s either deaf or on a diet"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here