Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5th March 2005 Timey Wimey

1066gull

Anyone notice the date of Clara's mothers death is the same date as Rose joining the Ninth Doctor? Also Clara's birthday is 23 November, the date Doctor Who began.

Normally I would ignore stuff like this, but this is Stephen Moffatt after all.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Too spacy wacy for me. But she did reminder the Doctor of someone...

1066gull

Too spacy wacy for me. But she did reminder the Doctor of someone...

That's the Doctor being clumsy with his vocabulary. The reason he is facsinated by her is because this girl is already been twice dead and he was referring to this as to who she reminded him but he can't ever tell her. But this date I think is the biggest clue yet, their is a huge possibility Clara's mother was tied up in the shopping mall attack of autons by the nestene.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I sat through the episode tonight and was amazed. This isn't the programme I watched growing up. Very watered down.

The Blink episode with Carey Mulligan was pretty incredible, bt any standards. But everything else has been dire. Matt Smith is a poor Doctor from what I've seen, and the personification of taking a classic and ruining it by trying to make it too soft and safe. Or maybe I'm getting too old and cynical.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Hmmm it's all wibbly wobbly and timey wimey !!!!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Just don't look !
don't even blink !
Blink & your DEAD !!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone notice the date of Clara's mothers death is the same date as Rose joining the Ninth Doctor? Also Clara's birthday is 23 November, the date Doctor Who began.

Normally I would ignore stuff like this, but this is Stephen Moffatt after all.

I'd say the second point was either coincidence or just a slight nod, like when writers name a character after their child.

The first point is interesting, considering some of the casting news for the anniversary special episode. Remember, in the last episode, Clara mentioned some woman gave her the number for the helpline that led to her calling the doctor?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I think Matt Smith is a great doctor, he just gets poor scripts.

This, in Russel T Davis's tenure as head writer the scripts were consistently good with the occasional below par episode but Smith seems to go from some terrific writing to episodes I feel almost embarressed just watching!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
TBH the new series has been pretty poor for me, as someone posted in another Dr Who thread a couple of weeks ago, the action all seems to centre around the Dr's " assistants " rather than the Dr himself. The first episode of the new series was a little below par but the second seemed tripe really.

Matt Smith is still a good Doctor but I'm getting a bit fed up with the oft repeated whistle stop tour around the inside of The Tardis with the wild haired and wild eyed Smith spinning around pushing levers and buttons with the usual " OK, where in the Universe would you like to go/see/be ?" to a doe eyed assistant.

When it comes to the sub-plots they used to be interesting but now they just seem to be too complicated and enigmatic to the point where I just don't care about them. And , no, I do understand and enjoy complicated plots, especially Morse and I'm looking forward to Endeavour with great anticipation, its just that Doctor Who seems to have become smug as a programme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here