Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Five games left - how many points to secure a play-off place?

How many points will secure us a play-off place?

Votes: 4 2.6%

Votes: 16 10.3%

Votes: 52 33.3%

Votes: 52 33.3%

Votes: 15 9.6%

Votes: 5 3.2%

Votes: 3 1.9%

Votes: 2 1.3%

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
This is crying out for a poll. For what it's worth, I think 10 points from our remaining 5 games will definitely secure a place. Possibly 8 might even be enough, if our rivals keep slipping up (and there are plenty of six-pointers in the remaining fixtures).

I reckon we can get three wins and a draw - most probably wins v Blackpool, Wolves and Leeds. A draw at Boro and a surprise defeat at Peterborough, who are still trying to beat the drop. But what do I know?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
This is crying out for a poll. For what it's worth, I think 10 points from our remaining 5 games will definitely secure a place. Possibly 8 might even be enough, if our rivals keep slipping up (and there are plenty of six-pointers in the remaining fixtures).

I reckon we can get three wins and a draw - most probably wins v Blackpool, Wolves and Leeds. A draw at Boro and a surprise defeat at Peterborough, who are still trying to beat the drop. But what do I know?
i reckon at least 11 points

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
10 for me... With the rate teams are slipping up and faltering around us, if we maintain some semblance of form (3 wins and a draw) we'll be fine.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013

Can not see us winning another game this season to be honest

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I going 8 points. I think 70 points will be enough this season Bolton and Leicester have to play each other, can not see any team winning more then 3 games of the last 5.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Looking at the games we have got left, i'd aim for 9 points but if we can get more then epic.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
We have 5 games left - weve only won ONE of our last 7. Those 7 games have given us a mere 7 points. We don't look capable of beating teams, and 1 in 7 shows we aren't in great shape. In spite of this, those 7 points have seen us move UP into the playoff places, as everybody else is just as nervy. Today, only Hull and Bolton in the top half actually won.
So, I think a draw a game (which is what we'll get), will be good enough to claim 6th spot.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
We have 5 games left - weve only won ONE of our last 7. Those 7 games have given us a mere 7 points. We don't look capable of beating teams, and 1 in 7 shows we aren't in great shape. In spite of this, those 7 points have seen us move UP into the playoff places, as everybody else is just as nervy. Today, only Hull and Bolton in the top half actually won.
So, I think a draw a game (which is what we'll get), will be good enough to claim 6th spot.

All clubs may be slipping up now but that won't last. I expect either at least one of our rivals to kick on soon enough. A point a game will not be enough. Be amazed if a team has ever reached the Championship play offs with as little as 67 points!

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
Bolton still have to play - Bristol City (a), Leicester (a), Middlesbrough (h), Cardiff (a) and Blackpool (h)
Leicester play - Birmingham (h), Bolton (h), Palarse (a), Watford (H) and Notthingham Forest (a)
BHA play - Middlesbrough (a) Peterborough (a) Blackpool (h) Leeds (a) and Wolves (h)
Forest play - Cardiff (a) Middlesbrough (a) Barnsley (h) Millwall (h)and Leicester (h)
Palarse paly - Ipswich (a), Leicester (h), Blackburn (a), Millwall (a) and Peterborough (h)
I reckon Bolton will get 7 points, Leicester 5 points, BHA 8 points, Forest 9 points and Palarse 5 points - this will probably come back and bite me on the backside but i reckon we will be ok.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
3 wins from the last 5 seems a big ask when we have only secured 1 in 7. However, most of the teams around us are performing the same crawl to the finish line. I have given up trying to make sense of it all and am just enjoying the ride.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
All clubs may be slipping up now but that won't last. I expect either at least one of our rivals to kick on soon enough. A point a game will not be enough. Be amazed if a team has ever reached the Championship play offs with as little as 67 points!

Dave Jones was on the radio earlier talking about Sheffield Wednesday's :)lolol:) situation. He was mentioning that Barnsley stayed up with 43 points whereas this year it is looking more like 53 to beat the drop. The same goes for the playoffs. With most clubs being capable of beating each other the points total has bunched up in the centre and the bar for the playoffs seems to have been lowered. What the final total will be is likely to be lower than in past years. How much lower I am unsure.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

If the teams at the bottom are all getting more points (some suggesting 55 to survive) then the teams at the top have to be getting less. I think it's quite possible that 60 something will make the play offs but they'll likely get a pasting from Hull or Watford. If they were to make it up a new minimum might be on!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here