Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Barker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People have been shouting for Gus to bring him on and give him a chance, which he did today, but after 30 seconds of chasing a player did he touch the ball again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What do you honestly expect from the kid? Grown men like Spanish Dave and Orlandi had stinkers today against a spirited Leicester side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he did exactly what I expected nothing. IMHO we would have done better to put El Abd on up front with Ulloa to try to unsettle them and force a mistake just by using brute strength

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Looked to me like he fitted into the system and completed quite a few passes successfully.
Wasn't it Barker that followed up a low shot that Smickel might have failed to hold.

Let's not slag him off already.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What do you honestly expect from the kid? Grown men like Spanish Dave and Orlandi had stinkers today against a spirited Leicester side.

That is just it her isnt a kid he is 21. I am not slating him but is he the answer to our problems without Barnes to fall back on as a sub striker. I would sooner that having no great choice ,Gus put Brennan Dickenson on the bench who is quick and has scored goals in the FL when he has been out on loan.

Last edited:

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Hard to tell, there are some big shadows in the team, he will be fine!.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That is just it her isnt a kid he is 21. I am not slating him but is he the answer to our problems without Barnes to fall back on as a sub striker.

Largely because there isn't anyone else, yes he is.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said as we are short of strikers I would sooner that Gus put Brennan Dickenson on the bench as he is verY quick and has whenever he has been out on loan scored goals in the FL. He would be the nearest to a ready made replacement for Buckley who is out with a hamstring injury.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
He's a kid and it shows how desperately short up front we are to ask a youth team player to come on and make an impact against a very good side. Leave him alone.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
wrong time to throw him in. At this stage of the season we need a Phillips, Wood, Beckford, etc type of striker to come on as sub.....not an untried kid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here