[Official Site] Kuszczak: Be Happy With Point

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
tomasz-l229-757098_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:11 6th April 2013
by Adam Tighe
Tomasz Kuszczak believes the Seagulls should be content with a 1-1 draw against play-off rivals Leicester City.
Albion were minutes from defeat before Kazenga LuaLua’s late strike salvaged a point, and the Polish keeper felt the draw was the fairest outcome.
“It was the right result for both teams. We were desperate to win this game but we played against a really good team. In these kind of games you have got to be happy with a draw because we both had chances, so it is fair result for everyone.
“We didn’t start well, maybe there was an element of tiredness as you could see we weren’t sharp enough, but maybe it is just down to the fact we played against a really good team.
“We tried and we pushed hard but it was not enough today.”
The Polish international put in a solid performance between the sticks, making one standout save in the first half from Andy King, pushing the striker’s effort onto the bar.
“It was a good reaction saves because he had an open goal and hit it well, but I was patient and waited until the last moment to make my decision.
“Against Charlton I wasn’t busy but in the last second of the game I had to make a save, but this is what goalkeeping has got to be about. The one shot comes and you have to be ready for over 90 minutes.
“Obviously today I had a little bit more to do but I expect that playing against Leicester, I expected them to create chances and they did.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here