Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please gus the midfield is running out of ideas....

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
I'm begging you gus let jfc free he's fresh and Hungary . We need a different sort of player in the center of the park. Orlandi Lopez and Hammond offers practically nothing in the final 3rd today, we have no one ariveing late in the box( like a lampard).Its not to late for him to make the difference. The rest of the squad have had enough chances and failed to break down teams, think outside the box gus take a gamble!!!!

Dec 29, 2011
Was thinking the same myself today, he impressed last season and adds another dimension to the team with his long shooting. Very few of our players actually take long shots (and when they do they're usually poor). JFC has great technique when striking a ball.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Has huge potential but way too risky at this stage of season I think. We've got a capable midfield but misfiring last 2 games, they'll come good. Too late to be be playing wild cards imo

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We've got one of the best midfields in the league. It's simply up to them to start performing

Don't overly agree think we are still missing that attacking midfielder who gets into the box. we seem to be overloaded witha plethora of defence minded midfield players

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
One signing we must make in the summer is a big beast of a player, a box to box type, a physical presence who can forward with the ball.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
One signing we must make in the summer is a big beast of a player, a box to box type, a physical presence who can forward with the ball.

And he is going to cost HOW much?! I don't think we need that. We have Crofts who CAN break forward and score goals from midfield (... tees it up for Croftssssssss.... it's in the bag for Brighton!) but isn't. For whatever reason. We need to unleash him, properly.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
To be honest midfield was average to say the least today with nobody playing well with any creative idea, they forgot their passing and shooting boots as well. Don't think JFC is the answer this season, sometimes dare I say it but being able to change formation with the same players during the game when it's clear we aren't at the races might help?!?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Don't overly agree think we are still missing that attacking midfielder who gets into the box. we seem to be overloaded witha plethora of defence minded midfield players

I disagree. Bridcutt, Hammond and Crofts are defence minded. But going forward we've got David, Orlandi, Vicente, Lua Lua, Buckley, JFC. All great players (other than Crofts) but it's just not working right now. I think some of our players need to take more risks

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully JFC will get his chance next season. I agree he offers something different to Hammond / Crofts / Dicker.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not sure JFC is the answer now, you need experience at this time of the season and that isnt JFC. We MUST give him a chance early next season though to get him up to scratch.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And he is going to cost HOW much?! I don't think we need that. We have Crofts who CAN break forward and score goals from midfield (... tees it up for Croftssssssss.... it's in the bag for Brighton!) but isn't. For whatever reason. We need to unleash him, properly.

Not necessarily. How much Trotter of Millwall, for example?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Nothing wrong with the midfield. Just got outwitted by a team with an impressive defence intent on holding a line high up the pitch today.

People forget that there is another team involved, and sometimes they can be good at what they come to do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nothing wrong with the midfield. Just got outwitted by a team with an impressive defence intent on holding a line high up the pitch today.

People forget that there is another team involved, and sometimes they can be good at what they come to do.

But over the last 3 months, almost every midfield in the division have had great joy against Leicester.

And it wasn't about their defensiveness today, their midfield outclassed the Albion's in all departments - speed of shipping the ball forward, pacemaker, inventiveness, bottle in 50:50's, teamwork, finding space, linking with Nugent & co.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
But over the last 3 months, almost every midfield in the division have had great joy against Leicester.

And it wasn't about their defensiveness today, their midfield outclassed the Albion's in all departments - speed of shipping the ball forward, pacemaker, inventiveness, bottle in 50:50's, teamwork, finding space, linking with Nugent & co.

Oh, I agree. It's just that Leicester were aware that defeat today spelt real trouble and managed to get their act together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here