Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond Bashers

briref

Aug 12, 2008
To all those who were constantly moaning at Dean Hammond those afternoon, please go and obtain a copy of the DVD and just which his 90 minute preformance.

It will change you opinion

Noted - on a couple of occasions he did appear slow, though in the 10 years we have known him has he ever had pace?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I thought with konchesky pushing forward our whole midfield looked overran today and you would be forgiven for thinking they had a man extra at times. Hammond like the rest of our midfield struggled to get to grips with them

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I thought with konchesky pushing forward our whole midfield looked overran today and you would be forgiven for thinking they had a man extra at times. Hammond like the rest of our midfield struggled to get to grips with them

Yup.

With Spanish Dave, Orlandi and Hammond all below par, our midfield was overrun.

That's why this may be a good point at the end of the season.

Leicester looked COMPLETLEY gutted at the end. They won't finish above us. It's two from three.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yup.

With Spanish Dave, Orlandi and Hammond all below par, our midfield was overrun.

That's why this may be a good point at the end of the season.

Leicester looked COMPLETLEY gutted at the end. They won't finish above us. It's two from three.

Agree with this.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Hammond was the 3rd worst player today after Orlandi & Spanish Dave. He was absolute turd in the 1st half, couldn't pass the ball and spent far too long ball watching and not bothering to close the opposition down or challenge for the ball. Better in the second half, but then my 10 year old boy would have been an improvement on Hammonds 1st half.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He was too casual when we had the ball and too flatfooted when defending. Not impressed at all today but then he's hardly the only player below par today

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There was a moment late on, between goals, when Hammond picked the ball up facing Tommy K, close to the East stand touch line.

As Leicester were backing off he was unchallenged.

Hammond needed to turn and look to play a forward pass.
Which he did, but by the time he'd managed it, he was now no further forward and close to the West stand touch line.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
the trouble is with hammond is that hes struggling to compete at this level as hes got older. He doesnt seem to be able to cover the ground he once did and certainly has lost a yard of pace...

I think its unfair for people to just dismiss him as useless which clearly isnt true...... still a decent player, sadly doesnt fit into our midfield well enough anynmore

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
The Hammond bashers are either bitter old sods who have still not got over his actions at withdean, or they are people with a complete lack of understanding of hammond's role on the team. He was not signed to be a star who would single handedly take us up, scoring 20 goals and never missing a pass/tackle in the process, he is a utility player who an give us extra depth and other dimensions in our midfield options. I think he has done that very well.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I cant believe the op. Hammond was unbelievably bad today. It was as if hed taken too many sleeping tablets last night. Would rather have Crofts every time over that chancer.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
He just can't move , he is second to nearly every ball, at times he was our furthest player forward and offered absoloutly nothing going forward. Rather play jfc much more chance of scoring.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Hammond would move the ball quicker I think he'd be one of our best players.

Pre-Upson when it's was looking touch and go for a centre half, I'd have been happy for Hammond to drop back a position.

He seems some much more suited to central defense, than LB's less talented 'partner'.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
He is not a bad player but was poor today. He is incredibly one footed which is one reason he takes so long to turn - and is the reason he doesnt get his head up. As stated above he has no pace but he looked slow to the ball today and got out muscled along with most of the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here