Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't want this to turn into a slanging match about him being a petulant **** etc etc. Think we missed him today and can't wait for him to return, if played as an attacking player he will score goals for us when he returns and will be good cover for Ulloa who was looking knackered nearing the end today.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thought we really missed him today as well, one of those tight games where he would be a help in defence and also has potential to score, very light in midfield today not helped by Lopez and Hammon ld having shockers.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Thought we really missed him today as well, one of those tight games where he would be a help in defence and also has potential to score, very light in midfield today not helped by Lopez and Hammon ld having shockers.

I'd forgotten Barker was even on the pitch come the final whistle. If Ulloa is having a bad day the only hope we have is Ashley Barnes. We have nobody else.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Our problem today was going forward and Barnes is not quick, skilful or creative so I don't see what difference he would have made today.

Feb 3, 2013
I don't want this to turn into a slanging match about him being a petulant **** etc etc. Think we missed him today and can't wait for him to return, if played as an attacking player he will score goals for us when he returns and will be good cover for Ulloa who was looking knackered nearing the end today.

He won't be playing again this season as he'll not be match fit.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

And has fight and bottle (when not assaulting referees and opponents). Something we lack when there are too many 'gifted' players in the team.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
We would have lost if Barnes played today. He can't do what LuaLua did.

Did we miss him against Cardiff?

Did we miss him against Palace?

I'm really enjoying getting behind the whole team for a change.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Our problem today was going forward and Barnes is not quick, skilful or creative so I don't see what difference he would have made today.

He's not afraid to make a tackle and is good positionally when balls are crossed in. Would have done better than most of our midfield today imo.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We would have lost if Barnes played today. He can't do what LuaLua did.

Did we miss him against Cardiff?

Did we miss him against Palace?

I'm really enjoying getting behind the whole team for a change.

:lol:

Very selective with the results there.

Failure to mention:
Little old Charlton at home
Out of sorts Leicester at home
Low spending Barnsley away
Relegation candidates Bristol City away
Bolton away

All in the same period.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

His finishing is actually pretty good. The chance Ulloa missed today was appalling. If Barnes had missed that people would be calling for him to be shot at dawn.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here