Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

team or fans?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The team's players are responsible for their own performance. That's why we pay them, not the other way around.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why? I'm just saying that very rarely do fans create any sort of atmosphere if their team aren't winning. Or at least on the attack.

There was atmosphere, though. A tense atmosphere created by fans that fitted the nervy, tense occasion. A carnival atmosphere would have been wholly unfitting.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Thought the crowd and the team were both nervous,part of me thinks the team needed to up the tempo to get the crowd going which they failed to do.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
There was atmosphere, though. A tense atmosphere created by fans that fitted the nervy, tense occasion. A carnival atmosphere would have been wholly unfitting.

Only when we were attacking. Leicester dominated long periods of the game and we were silent.

I don't really care what the atmosphere is like to be honest. I don't believe that players need a good atmosphere to win a game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Only when we were attacking. Leicester dominated long periods of the game and we were silent.

I don't really care what the atmosphere is like to be honest. I don't believe that players need a good atmosphere to win a game.

I think you are missing what I'm saying. Fans being quiet is a valid contribution to the atmosphere.

And yes, players do not need their supporters to make a particular level of noise to win a match.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Don't know what game you were at but I think that LCFC played us off the park for most of the game and we could (should) have been going home with nothing. We constantly move the ball around the back too slowly giving whichever opposing team time to regroup and no chance of a counter attack. All credit due to the to players for grabbing a late one though. So to answer the OP's question then i feel the blame lays with Poyet for the negative way he sets the team up.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Fans were absolutely awful today, definitely affected the performance - but it works both ways - the performance affects the fans too.

So equally responsible in my opinion.

Fans were not awful. 28,000 official attendance.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Quality not quantity...

No, the quantity of money generated by 28,000 paying fans will always serve the club better than the questionable quality of the Palace and Go Left ditties of 3,000.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Annoying really as Leicester were backing off all the time at first but a point is a point

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When they scored that was the very quietest the AMEX has been, and stayed like that for far too look.

I think we are resigned to:-

Going a goal down = a defeat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here