Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For attendance fans

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Today, we had the highest attendance in the country, more than all the Premiership games!

As you were...

:D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace got 21,281 but it was U16's for £1 :lol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
Thought it was very loud at times (I was In west upper and have recently had my ears syringed!). But in a nervy game where we played so poorly it was never gonna be great.

Reckon a load of people must have missed the equaliser! Haha!

Also what is with this "stand up if you hate palace" rubbish when we are 1 down with less than 10mins to play. Support the team and don't even mention bloody palace!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
...but it makes it less enjoyable experience, and a less admirable football club, when people don't sing.

Would prefer 10,000 people who rocked the place, than 28,000 who sit like they would in a library.

Whether you enjoy yourself because fellow fans sing is not necessarily correlated to whether the team wins or not. You are confusing the two.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Strongly disagree, I think the fans have a profound influence on the teams performance. Players say it, even Gus says it - and to many of us it's clearly obvious. Fans are the 12th man, but this season Brighton fans have been absolutely shocking at home and it has definitely contributed to our below par home record.

They say it because it helps to sell tickets as it makes fans feel more involved / part of the club. The '12th man' myth is romantic marketing, up there with the mythologising of how the Kop would somehow 'suck' the ball into the opposition goal.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Fans are there to support, not to just make money for the club.

Just being there is supporting the club. Over the course of a season, it is much more supportive in fact than a season of a song such as 'Stand Up If You Hate Palace.' It might be deemed 'supportive' because it's noisy, but there is nothing in the song that's particularly supportive of the club.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
...but it makes it less enjoyable experience, and a less admirable football club, when people don't sing.

Would prefer 10,000 people who rocked the place, than 28,000 who sit like they would in a library.

I enjoy myself based on the quality of the football on display, not on the volume of the fans.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I prefer a rocking atmosphere but that is just silly.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Strongly disagree, I think the fans have a profound influence on the teams performance. Players say it, even Gus says it - and to many of us it's clearly obvious. Fans are the 12th man, but this season Brighton fans have been absolutely shocking at home and it has definitely contributed to our below par home record.

You are sounding like one of them deluded Palace fans after the Watford away game. It has not worked too well for them since though. What comes first, the team exciting the crowd to make noise, or the crowd raising the team to score goals.
My money is on the first option.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Disagree again. For example, if it wasn't for the superb Liverpool fans in the Champions League Final V Milan - there's absolutely no way they could have pulled it off.

Fans are the difference between success and failure - I have no doubt in my mind that we would be relaxing comfortably in the top 4 this season if the Amex didn't have a sterile atmosphere.

If fans had such a big part to play in that final, Liverpool would have won 5-0. No, Liverpool came back because Milan had a rocky spell, a blip in the second half, (which Liverpool took advantage of) from which the Italians recovered from and went back to dominating the game, irrespective of the loudness of the Reds fans.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Seemed weird we were at our uncapped capacity , yet the attendance was lower then the P*l*ce game.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Can't agree with that !

I would prefer a 28,000 crowd with 10,000 going mental and that has nothing to do with Albion (or indeed any other club) being a more or less admirable football club, sorry !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here