Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley wearing Palace's kit

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
From Crystal Palace official twitter @Official_CPFC

Can confirm that Barnsley will be wearing the Palace away kit today due to a colour clash #cpfc

Has this every happened before? haha

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Barnsley players have had to go through decontamination procedure after full time whistle. Haz-Mat team waiting for them in the changing room. :lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yes. Us v Leicester in 2008-09 season if memory serves me correct due to having 3 kits all with a shade of blue that clashed.

And in the post-match interview Thicky Adams said something about our players needing to take pride in wearing the shirt. :jester:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Has any team won whilst wearing a Palace away kit this season?!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Handbags in the Palace changing room post-match according to Holloway. Maybe Zaha called Dobbie a steaming pile of useless crap.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I wondered why Barnsley failed to score. Now I know.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Lots of sad kids at East Croydon right now. Love it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In December 1973, Bristol Rovers scored eight in a kit supplied by us. (Their red and white away kit was not distinct enough from our stripes for viewers watching in black and white).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I remember when we played in our Away Kit at the Goldstone against Reading. I think Shaka Hislop was very good that day if memory serves.

We should have dug our heels in that day & insisted Reading use our away kit. The reason we played in that pink kit was because Madejski kicked up about the Reading sponsors not getting exposure. Tough crap should have been the response. Having to change kits at the last minute unsettled the team & we played awful. It should also be noted, the Reading shirt sponsor was non other than Auto Trader - Owned at the the time by......John Madejski!! The whole saga was a piss take.

Even more of a piss take was two weeks later when Reading pulled the same stunt at Huddersfield. As we know, Huddersfield's kit isn't remotely like The Albion kit, so there was no need for Reading to take their change kit that day........

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
We should have dug our heels in that day & insisted Reading use our away kit. The reason we played in that pink kit was because Madejski kicked up about the Reading sponsors not getting exposure. Tough crap should have been the response. Having to change kits at the last minute unsettled the team & we played awful. It should also be noted, the Reading shirt sponsor was non other than Auto Trader - Owned at the the time by......John Madejski!! The whole saga was a piss take.

Even more of a piss take was two weeks later when Reading pulled the same stunt at Huddersfield. As we know, Huddersfield's kit isn't remotely like The Albion kit, so there was no need for Reading to take their change kit that day........
:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here