Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early leaving

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is not another attempt to start a pointless debate, nor have a go at anyone. For those of you who don't have an important reason to leave early, PLEASE stay til the final whistle today. It's a massive game and the lads need our support. :bhasign:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopefully the north stand aren't streaming out on 86th minute onwards like Tuesday night too

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I was stunned at how many left early on Tuesday. Five minutes to go, 0-0, we're attacking, yet that is cue to flood to the exits apparently. Utterly embarrassing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was stunned at how many left early on Tuesday. Five minutes to go, 0-0, we're attacking, yet that is cue to flood to the exits apparently. Utterly embarrassing.

Like I said, fair enough if you have a genuinely good reason. Surely that many people don't though?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
This is not another attempt to start a pointless debate, nor have a go at anyone. For those of you who don't have an important reason to leave early, PLEASE stay til the final whistle today. It's a massive game and the lads need our support. :bhasign:

Agree 100%
but wait for the" how dare you tell me what to do I've paid my money I'll leave when I want " Brigade

Went to notts forest last week the place was still packed right up until the final whistle so they all got to see their sides last minute equaliser

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So the pointless debate has started......

People do what they have to do, no amount of dribble on here is going to stop them

Just trying to appeal to those for whom it's not urgent that they leave on 85 minutes, just preferable. If it convinces even one person to stay a bit longer then its worth it.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just trying to appeal to those for whom it's not urgent that they leave on 85 minutes, just preferable. If it convinces even one person to stay a bit longer then its worth it.

I'm right behind you... but people will stream out for ever more for whatever reason, I guess perversely it helps the transport plan!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm right behind you... but people will stream out for ever more for whatever reason, I guess perversely it helps the transport plan!

I just think today's too important. The players and staff have talked so many times about how the fans act as the 12th man and give them a boost when they need it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Live and let live :shrug:

I get enough criticism on here for going for a half time beer early in order to have enough time to drink it, so anyone who happens to want to shoot off early ( I don't ) is ok with me.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

It was a real shame that one of those chances at the end didn't go in as I always find it amusing when the early leavers miss a late goal.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
if some people leave 5 minutes before the end they get home about 1.5 hours earlier.....then have more of a saturday night.....the problem is not the people - its the transport......saying that - today is important to stay if we are losing or drawing......must deject the players seeing people leave compared to a massive surge of support at 85 mins.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

I agree with you completely, I have had bad experiences in the past leaving after the final whistle so have got into the habit of leaving just about 1 min before the end.

Last Tuesday I thought I would try and see what the bus queues were like when staying til the final whistle.

10.25 I got on the bus freezing my cock off having spent 40 mins in a queue.

Sort the buses out and people will stay to the end.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Maybe we should create an "85th Minute Stand" where all the regular early leavers could go. That way we end the match with just one empty block and the others still full. After all, these guys seem to be saying it's essential they leave early for most or all games, so let's cater for them and leave the rest of the stadium less inconvenienced by the weak-smile, shuffle past and block your view, "cheers mate" brigade who don't really care about the result.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Personally although it does look a little bad with fans leaving early and gaps appearing everywhere, I do not really care what people do.

I actually think the root of this 'problem' was the first few games at the Amex where there were a few teething problems with transport. Whilst it is still not perfect it is now pretty good but unfortunately I believe the stadium now has the stigma of 'being a nightmare to get away from' hence people leave early.

Also whilst I am not sure on the east of the county, everyone knows we have pull in the majority of our support from the LA-Worthing-Lancing-Shoreham area, but I think the Amex is casting its net even further...It would certainly appear we have started eating into Pompey territory and with fans coming from further afield they may just want to still get home at a reasonable time.

But all this is by no means an Albion only problem. Just look on TV at the next Premier League game and you will see the same thing happening there as well. Maybe it is just the way football is going these days.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Whilst it is still not perfect it is now pretty good but unfortunately I believe the stadium now has the stigma of 'being a nightmare to get away from' hence people leave early.

If you want an H or S bus you have to get on the first buses because if you miss them (like I did Tuesday) you have to wait for them to return! There are still big queues at this time for other buses.

40 minutes freezing in a bus queue does rather spoil your match day experience.

So I have a choice. Leave a few mins before the end and catch a bus or clap the players off and wait in a queue for about as long as a half of football.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Hopefully the north stand aren't streaming out on 86th minute onwards like Tuesday night too

I didn't leave until after the final whistle but it was freezing cold, and midweek games are much later making it understandable that people want to get away.
I don't think so many will leave early today.

As said, this is a pointless debate (that I have just contributed to) as fans will do what they want, regardless of how embarrassing it is for others.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I just think today's too important. The players and staff have talked so many times about how the fans act as the 12th man and give them a boost when they need it.

All bollocks to make fans think they are 'participants' in the game to sell more tickets.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here