Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex virgin

scooter1

How soon is now?
Taking my son to his first game today, he's 4.
I normally go on two wheels but we're looking at either the train or one of the courtesy bus services. What are the queues like at the end of the game for the busses? I normally walk past them and think "thank god that's not me"
Suggestions appreciated..

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Presumably you're taking him in the pub before the game though?
I mean you will want him to enjoy the full experience.
I'd bus to town, meet us in the Battle of Trafalgar, and then train to the Amex.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I normally go on two wheels but we're looking at either the train or one of the courtesy bus services. What are the queues like at the end of the game for the busses? I normally walk past them and think "thank god that's not me"

Take him into the East Stand Brasserie after the game til the queues die down. There's plenty of space and seats in there, its warm, oh and there's a much better choice of beers than on the concourses. Proper glasses too. Not that I'm advocating that a four year old drink beer out of a proper glass obviously, that would be madness. A plastic glass is advised.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

I took my grandson aged 4 and he really enjoyed Gully then slept all the way through the game. I suggest you take a computer game with you.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hope you've taught him all the words to GOSBTS and the other fav's and got him done up in his war paint!

scooter1

How soon is now?
East Stand Brasserie afterwards sounds like a good idea, thanks.
Got computer games etc sorted, that's a must..
Courtesy bus, perhaps I over sold it. I meant free shuttle thing from the Grenadier.
As for songs, he's got GOSBTS, this morning we're working on 'My Old man said be a Palace fan etc etc

Telscombe Seagull

Aug 15, 2003
Burgess Hill
East Stand Brasserie afterwards sounds like a good idea, thanks.
Got computer games etc sorted, that's a must..
Courtesy bus, perhaps I over sold it. I meant free shuttle thing from the Grenadier.
As for songs, he's got GOSBTS, this morning we're working on 'My Old man said be a Palace fan etc etc

so you told him to be a Palace fan? :wrong:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I took my grandson aged 4 and he really enjoyed Gully then slept all the way through the game. I suggest you take a computer game with you.
I don't like the idea of computer games there (might as well not take them). I've been taking mine since they were 3 / 4. I read them a Mr men book at half time, and maybe before the game, and I take sweets which they can have after x number of minutes. And while the game is on I sit close to them and talk to them about the game, what colour we're wearing, why the goalie is in a different colour, what the ref does, the rules, etc etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't like the idea of computer games there (might as well not take them). I've been taking mine since they were 3 / 4. I read them a Mr men book at half time, and maybe before the game, and I take sweets which they can have after x number of minutes. And while the game is on I sit close to them and talk to them about the game, what colour we're wearing, why the goalie is in a different colour, what the ref does, the rules, etc etc.

Good call getting a seat close to your kids :thumbsup:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
My son is a vetron at the grand old age of 5! The thing to be prepared even though he loves it he gets distracted easily. We go by train although the queue looks busy it does move quickly. Hope he enjoys his first match.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here