Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mystery player No 1.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I was born before the war in West Ham,I played in all four divisions. I played 326 league games and scored 106 goals.
I joined Brighton in1965 for £7,000. I made 146 appearances for Albion and scored 37 goals.
I finished my career with Crawley Town for one season.....Who am I?

Made this one quite easy by giving join date.......No 2 will follow soon.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That was quick... although a lot of people looked at it and decided they could'nt answer it.......Mystery player No2.....no join date this time.....I was a winger who only played for 3 league clubs in the UK.One a club in the 1st Div,then Brighton and finished with a smaller London club, I made 102 appearances and scored 14 goals for the Albion. I am now 67 y.o. Who am I?

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
That was quick... although a lot of people looked at it and decided they could'nt answer it.......Mystery player No2.....no join date this time.....I was a winger who only played for 3 league clubs in the UK.One a club in the 1st Div,then Brighton and finished with a smaller London club, I made 102 appearances and scored 14 goals for the Albion. I am now 67 y.o. Who am I?

Brian Tawse

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Reckon they got you twice there seagull
Sure did....elementry really....right...player No 3 is going to be harder...anyway I would'nt know how many thought about it because if people don't know the answer they pass on by...only the smart ones answer.
No 3. Brighton was my second club...I played as a back and wing half,playing 195 games scoring 6 goals...I moved to Torquay and live in Torbay. Who am I ?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
No 4.I once scored 15 goals in 17 matches for a London club. I played for Brighton 36 league appearances ...scoring 18 goals. I returned to the Goldstone in the 70s to help set up the youth team.
My daughter Julie Ryan has written a biography about my time in football. Who am I?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I saw that book reviewed a couple of weeks ago.

It's a Millwall player - something Shepherd

el punal

No 4.I once scored 15 goals in 17 matches for a London club. I played for Brighton 36 league appearances ...scoring 18 goals. I returned to the Goldstone in the 70s to help set up the youth team.
My daughter Julie Ryan has written a biography about my time in football. Who am I?

John Shepherd, and the book - "In and Out of the Lions Den". :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here