Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KLL interview on player...

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
doesn't come across as very happy.

miserable git - probably gets 4k a week or so too.

:moo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Clearly not happy with his performance on Tuesday. Correctly.

Jimmy Grimble

Think it's his natural demeanour. Was pleased to hear him say he thinks it'll be a failure if we don't make the play-offs from the position we're in currently. Especially so after Oatway said he doesn't think it would be. Found that a little odd.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If he's interviewed on player on Friday it means he'll be on the bench on Saturday.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Think it's his natural demeanour. Was pleased to hear him say he thinks it'll be a failure if we don't make the play-offs from the position we're in currently. Especially so after Oatway said he doesn't think it would be. Found that a little odd.

Have to say Oatway makes me cringe at those things ... assume he's a better coach!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems to struggle to put more than a couple of decent performances together and then gets dropped to the bench for a month or so. Looks great when coming on as a sub, gets to play a full game or two, disappoints, back to the bench again. Quite
frustrating for him and us.

I think Buckley must be the blue eyed boy as he can get away with quite a few below par perfomances before he gets dropped :smile:

Jimmy Grimble

Have to say Oatway makes me cringe at those things ... assume he's a better coach!

Yeah, occasionally he makes me smirk, but it can be a tad cringeworthy.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Think he's in a tough position. He is only 22, marginally younger than myself, therefore I imagine him feeling a lot of pressure that what he does now will influence the rest of his career. If he continues to struggle to perform to his potential on a regular basis his career may fizzle out. Being a Newcastle prospect I'm sure he was hopeful (if not expectant) of a Premier League future. He realised that for his own development he had to leave Newcastle on loan, ended up going to other end of the country. Then he took the even bigger step of leaving Newcastle permanently. It must be a concern for him that players that are 23/24 are no longer considered young, and wingers should be nearing their peak at that age.
He's had extended spells out of the team for one reason or another this season. Hope he can get it together as on his day he is a nightmare for defenders, but there is very little room for empathy in football so I wouldn't be surprised, to see him sold at the end of the season if things continue.
If he picks up his consistency between now and the end of the season he can become an established championship/fringe premier league winger, if not he may be a lower championship/league 1 player for the majority of his career.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seems to struggle to put more than a couple of decent performances together and then gets dropped to the bench for a month or so. Looks great when coming on as a sub, gets to play a full game or two, disappoints, back to the bench again. Quite
frustrating for him and us.

I think Buckley must be the blue eyed boy as he can get away with quite a few below par perfomances before he gets dropped :smile:

Looked far better than buckley on tuesday imho

Jimmy Grimble

Oatway just towing the party line after Gus saying we're punching above our weight.

True. At least (in my opinion) the players aren't taking the same line.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looked far better than buckley on tuesday imho

I was talking generally rather than one specific match. It was just an observation over this season. Buckley has looked below par in quite a few games until very recently but kept his place for the next game. Maybe KLL will today :shrug:

Anyway I have a plane to catch and hope to see both KLL and WB starting the match today :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here